Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas and New Years

Though I was somewhat worried (go figure) about traveling with a two month old, Jacob and I spent Christmas with my entire family this year. It was wonderful! Isaac traveled like a dream. He had a couple rough days when we first arrived and then settled into a fantastic routine.

Here are some of the highlights of our first Christmas as family of three, and of all the Carter madness that ensues when all of us get together. It's a lot of people...Mom and Dad Carter, 8 of their children and spouses, and 11 grandchildren. Good, good times!


Loving the lights at our house.

Christmas with the Brunson side of the family came a little early with dinner at Sarah and Kevin's and skyping Grandma and Grandpa Brunson.


Christmas morning.


Newest cousin-Hannah.

Though Isaac looks like his daddy, this picture is evidence he is a little bit me too. I sleep with my fist like that all the time.

All the Carter grandkids together.

The travel back to our home went well too. But Isaac has not adjusted so well to being home. It's been a tough week. He won't take his pacifier any longer and he screams most times I try to get him to sleep. He did have his two month check up and it turns out he may have an ear infection. That might explain some of the fussiness. He also got shots which was maybe more traumatic for me than him. At two months he is weighing in at 11.8 pounds and is 23.5 inches long.

And he is still really stinking cute.


7 comments:

Emily said...

What a cutie! Glad he traveled well. Hope he's feeling better and less fussy by now. Great picture of you two. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

No argument there. He is cute! Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

Ear infections can be rough. Hopefully after he is feeling better things will settle down for you again. It was great to see you and to get to meet little Issac!

Strupp Family said...

What a handsome little man! I love the pictures, keep them coming. And ditto to what Emily said!

Sarah and AJ said...

I love the picture of him next to his stocking! Love the updates.

Grammyzanne said...

Ear infections can make the sweetest baby sour. Hope that has cleared up and the pacifier and sweet disposition have returned. He is adorable.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I'm so glad I got to see him in person, Sand. And what great photos. I love them all. I love that one of him in his stripey suit on Christmas morning. Looks like he's shouting for joy. Amazing, beautiful, frustrating, heart-warming and wrenching little people they are.