Saturday, January 22, 2011

Date Night

Since Isaac was born Jacob and I haven't really been out on an official "date." Yes, we have spent a lot of time together, but nothing like our dates before Isaac. But last night we went out. Sure Isaac came along, but we got out of the house on a Friday night. And it felt good. We didn't do anything spectacular. We didn't even really do anything that took hours and hours. But, I had a good time just the same.

When I was pregnant a frozen yogurt place opened near our home. We had never really tried it because I was paranoid that it wasn't pasteurized and I wouldn't be able to eat it in my pregnant condition. (What wasn't I paranoid about when I was pregnant?!?) So, we went yesterday. It's one of those places that has tart yogurts and loads of different toppings and you pay by the ounce. It was delicious. I'd totally go again. And Isaac slept the whole time so Jacob and I were able to have good conversation and enjoy each other's company. Something we hadn't done in awhile.

And definitely something I look forward to doing again soon.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Way to go! Sounds fun! Scott and I might venture to have a date night in a few months...

Nicole said...

So glad you got out and that it was enjoyable for you both! I love that you thought about if their yogurt was pasteurized! Hehe.

Lynda/Mom said...

Glad you got out. Next big step--babysitter!