Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Wreath Tragedy

Remember my cute wreath?

It's not so cute any more. Turns out 62 degree weather and a south facing front door do not mix well with hot glued Lima beans. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't.

I came home from lunch with friends and was in my living room with Isaac. I kept hearing little things drop and initially thought the markers off my white board had fallen. But it kept happening and we don't have that many markers. It took me a second to realize I was hearing the beans from the wreath falling to the ground. The hot glue was melting in the heat leaving a mess at my front door.

So now I have a wreath that needs fixed and a new, less hot, home. And I have hot glue streaks on my front door that I'm not sure how to remove.

Stupid crafty wreath!

9 comments:

Emily said...

sad. :(

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I bet if you had used tacky glue it would've been better. However, it would also require a lot more time to let it dry, etc. So, maybe crafty shmafty is what I say. Just have a boring house, it has worked for me for 10 plus years. LOL.

Mary Ann said...

That's actually pretty dang funny. I'm just impressed that you went out to lunch with friends. I hope to do that one of these months.

Strupp Family said...

Bummer. It was quite a cute wreath. I'm with Shannon on this one--I have a craftless house. Probably a little different than what my husband grew up with, but who wants to dust those things? Not me.

Strupp Family said...

Um, not that you need to dust a wreath or anything...

MaryAnn said...

That is pretty dang funny. I too have a craft-less house and have been prefectly happy that way. Hopefully your wreath will fair better in a new home.

Unknown said...

Did you use a hot-melt glue gun? If you used a cool-melt gun it melts very easily in the sun. Try a hotter temperature (unless that's what already died, of course ;))
Try pulling out your hair dryer. Blow dry the door to heat it up enough to peel the glue off without losing any paint.
I use a blow dryer when doing hot glue projects that leave lots of glue-cobwebs. The hot air melts them right away!

Grammyzanne said...

So sorry about your wreath. How disappointing! Try thinking "It's the journey that counts" - but I must admit it is nice to have something to show for the journey. Great ideas from Janelle.

Unknown said...

I am sorry about your wreath. I just made one with hot glue and after reading this I am excited that my door faces east!

I do hope that you can find something that works for your door!