Monday, March 21, 2011

Isaac's Bedroom

Let me give you a tour of Isaac's completed bedroom. I finished the decorations for this side of the room:

And we got a crib. I also made the crib skirt.

Not much has changed from this view but you can see the new changing table/dresser.

Again, nothing new here. Just a better shot of the changing table.

The curtains are still the same but the framed picture of Christ with the children is a new addition.


I basically love how this wall turned out. I modge podged scrapbook paper onto chip board letters and then used some ink to make the edges a little distressed. I found some cheap wood stars and covered them with the fabric from the crib skirt and curtains using a little modge podge. Love them!

And as a bonus here's an adorable picture of Isaac when he had fallen asleep grasping his toy. He didn't let go of it until he woke up. Funny kid.

And three stories:

1. Thursday night Jacob and I went out with some friends for their St. Patrick's Day tradition (it's a good one...) and left Isaac with another couple in our ward. I left them with a bottle of formula just in case but told them he's never really taken to the bottle too much. So when we got to their apartment to pick him up what did we find? Isaac laying on the floor, holding his own bottle, and drinking it. He also had a pretty proud and pleased look on his face. I guess I just needed to let him be more independent with it! Funny kid.

2. Same thing with his medicine. Isaac is still teething and was having a rough day Saturday. Jacob was giving Isaac some tylenol and Isaac grabbed the dropper from Jacob and held it in his mouth and sucked the medicine out. And then proceeded to giggle.

3. Yesterday at Church Isaac started to get a little fussy around time for the Sacrament. So I took him to the lobby and began pacing and bouncing and all that I could think of to try and get him to sleep. Sleeping at church is never an easy thing. By the time the intermediate hymn rolled around I decided to give up and join Jacob in the pew for the rest of the meeting. I handed Isaac off to Jacob. He began playing with him, bouncing him on his knee and such, not intending to put him to sleep at all. Mid-play, Isaac closed his eyes and was out for the duration of the meeting and made it all the way home still asleep. I guess things need to be done on his time line, not mine! :)

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Love the room! Sounds like Isaac is doing good a just needs his space!

Mary Ann said...

Super cute! Cute room, cute baby, and cute stories!

Robinson Family said...

He's teaching you early how this parenting thing works (they really have most of the control). Being stubborn is a good trait, right? Each child is so different too. I love the room and the baby!

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm getting the idea that Isaac would say, "Mom and Dad, just hang on for the ride!" He's a cutie. Aunt Lynda

Emily said...

Hilarious! What a smart little guy!