Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crying It Out

Lately I have been letting Isaac "cry it out" a little more in the hopes that both he and I will get more sleep.

Tonight it has become a little more difficult for me.

The weather is warm which means our upstairs bedrooms are even warmer. But I'm not ready to turn on air conditioning when the nights get so cool and we have a whole house fan that is pretty effective.

The problem is the open window in Isaac's room and my concern about what neighbors may say when they hear my crying son.

He's been crying now for 15 minutes. The longest 15 minutes of my life.

Is it bad to be so worried about what the neighbors may say? I can just see DHS showing up at my door wondering what all the crying is about. That would be awesome. And by awesome I mean not at all awesome.

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I don't think you need to worry about what the neighbors think. I can't image anyone calling DHS over a little crying! Happy Mother's Day! Oh and Shannon said you were stoller shopping. You can have ny sit and stand if you want it. Probably by the time you have a second baby I will be ready to be done with it. Let me know if you want it.

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you had a nice girls night out. I agree, Isaac is adorable. I love the warm weather. I think it's so fun to see more of Hannah's cute body when she is wearing shorts and short sleeves. Good luck with letting Isaac cry it out. I wouldn't call DCFS on you. :)

Emily said...

I worried about the same thing!! Except one time some elementary school aged girls did knock on my door to make sure someone was taking care of the baby, before calling the authorities. I hope he settles down soon. Would a fan or white noise machine help mask the sound? You may or may not want to do that if Isaac gets super dependent on that sound to fall asleep. Good luck. . . .

Amber said...

It is a sad day when we consider what DHS thinks of us before what we KNOW about ourselves. I have had those thoughts myself. Hang in there, you are a great parent.

Lynda/Mom said...

Well, Sandy, I guess your profession makes you sensitive to the possibilities, but I'll bet they're remote. It is very difficult to listen to a crying baby. It's nice to be a grandma and not have to let them cry because grandmas don't have to live with the consequences of failing to persist Good luck! Aunt Lynda