Saturday, May 7, 2011

Girls Night Out

Yesterday Jacob attended the "Aaronic Priesthood Commemorative Campout" which is just a fancy name for the fathers and sons camping trip. I tried to convince him to take Isaac but he seemed to think with Isaac still breastfeeding (way too many times) at night that it wouldn't be a good idea. Whatever... :)

So Isaac and I took the opportunity to go out to dinner with Heather and Lori. A girls nigh out, plus one. It was a lot of fun for me. I finally went to The Star of India to sample their Indian fare. The Bombay House in Provo kinda sets the bar for me as far as Indian food is concerned. I've had plenty of good Indian food but nothing as great as the good old Bombay. But last night's chicken saag did not disappoint. It was certainly on par with the Bombay house version. Heather's tikka masala looked a little too bright red for my liking but she said it was delicious. I also really enjoyed the naan I ordered. Is was naan with cheese in it. Really good.

And, as a special bonus, Isaac was really well behaved. He sat in one of the wooden restaurant high chairs and basically entertained himself while we ate. He did get a little squirmy towards the end of the evening but he was getting tired so who can blame him.

Plus, I was getting a little squirmy too. What's the deal with really slow service at Indian restaurants? It took them a full 45 minutes after we were done eating to bring us our check.

But, I'd probably go again anyway. The food was gooooooood!.

No comments: