Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quilt Market

I'm finally getting around to posting about quilt market back in May. It was such fun to see what it was all about and completely overwhelming. I wish I would have gotten a picture from up above so you could have seen just how enormous this market is. I don't know if I mentioned before, but it took me the full two hours I was there just to walk from one end to the other through all the isles of booths. Believe me when I say I barely slowed and rarely stopped at any of the booths.

But in the middle of all the booths there was a display of quilts entered into international quilt association contest. These quilts were simply amazing. I did take a few pictures of those quilts.
This one was actually not this orangey color, it's a bad picture. But the point is, it's double sided! You must admit that is amazing. And I'm not quite certain how it was done.





This one actually shimmered. It's quilted in shiny thread and had some sort of rhinestone type fabric in it. I tried to get a close-up but you still can't tell just how shiny and fun it is.


These next photos are examples of what some of the larger fabric designer booths looked like. I thought the Micheal Miller display was fun.





And the next two are Riley Blake. I used Riley Blake fabric for Isaac's room. I love their fabrics. I saw some I want to add to my non-existent stash of fabric.



Posted by Picasa

I felt a little weird taking pictures because I wasn't sure which booths were okay about it and not. I did end up taking a lot of notes about designers and patterns I want to learn more about. I have so many project ideas brewing since market. Now if I could just find the time and money to make them all happen!

Thanks again to my wonderful mother-in-law for letting me in the show. It was a fun experience.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Did you see Sam's sister-in-law's booth? It was Prairie Grass Patterns. She just finished her second round of patterns. They are amazing.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun. Maybe next year you will have more time to explore.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you got to go. I have looked at so many posts on this and seen so many pictures! Sounds like you had a blast!