Monday, June 6, 2011

Sleeping and Crawling

Yesterday Isaac started crawling. He hasn't really perfected it yet but there was definite forward progress on his hands and knees. He still mostly struggles with it and ends up rolling and scooting in other ways but I'm counting it as crawling. And it's exciting and scary all at the same time. I have certainly got some baby proofing to do!

In other good news, the past two nights Isaac has slept for an 8 hour chunk of time. And yesterday was especially good because he only woke up once to eat at 4 am after being in bed at 8 pm. Lately he has been waking up a couple hours after going to sleep and crying for awhile until I feed him again or he falls asleep. So yesterday was brilliant! I could certainly get used to it. Though I must admit I woke at about 3:30 and had to check on him to make sure he was okay since I am so used to crying at some point in the night...

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Welcome to having a mobile baby. Your house will never be the same! And congrats on the sleeping progress. Hopefully that pattern will stick for a while - at least until his next set of teeth start coming in!

Emily said...

All that crawling must've worn him out! He is SO cute!!

Mary Ann said...

Yay for Isaac! I would love to see a video of him crawling. I bet it's super cute. I'm so glad he's finally sleeping longer. I hope it continues.