Friday, June 17, 2011

Strong. But Not Strong Enough

What do you do when your baby is strong enough to pull up on things but not strong enough to maintain balance when letting go? And really not smart enough to know he can't let go without falling? This is especially becoming a problem when I put Isaac down for naps. He pulls up on the crib and this afternoon I heard a thump...falling into the side of the crib I'm sure. Of course I didn't see it because I was in another room listening for him to stop crying and fall asleep.

So, how do I do naps without causing lots of bumps and bruises on my poor babies head?

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Never having had a very adventurous baby, I've never had to deal with anything like that. My kids are cautious to the extreme. Good luck with that!

Emily said...

Idk. You'll have to let us know what works for you. Ansley wouldn't nap for the longest time. I finally started letting her sleep in our bed at naptime. I lay there and pretend to be asleep (or actually fall asleep, depending on the day).