Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Exciting News

A few weeks ago Jacob called me from work with a conversation that proceeded a little like this:
J: I have some news that is going to make your day.
S: Okay. What?
(I was expecting something like "I'm coming home early to take care of Isaac while you take a day off.")
J: Cafe Rio is coming to Fort Collins
S:  Are you serious?!  Really?!  When?
(I might have been a little more excited about the actual news than what I was expecting to hear.)

My love for Cafe Rio runs deep.  I could eat it probably every day.  That salad is so addicting.  And I'd probably drink the creamy tomatillo dressing if it were more socially (and nutritionally) acceptable.  Yum!

Needless to say, I began planning our big lunch out on the grand opening day.  Today was that glorious day.   We went for lunch with Jacob's sister and her family and our friends Lori and Heather.  We were really treated to a surprise when we walked through the door and were handed coupons for free meals.  Cafe Rio and for free!  Yeah, I was a supremely happy girl.  I devoured my salad.  (Well, most of it.  The left overs were enjoyed for an afternoon snack.)



I think it was a good day for all of us.  I mean look at that smile on Isaac.  I think he is becoming a Cafe Rio fan early on.  And he only had a quesadilla.  :)

Also, please know that I normally have pants on my son.  He just wet through his diaper by the end of the lunch...so they got left in the car after the emergency diaper change.  And Sarah's baby was there.  She was in the car seat behind the high chair.

Welcome Cafe Rio!  You will be visited often by this crew.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

D. said...

Lucky you. Now if only Big City Burrito would come to the Orem/Provo area. I guess we would never have cause to visit each other...lol!

MaryAnn said...

I love/hate having Cafe Rio close to me. Love it because I love Cafe Rio. Hate it becasue I attribute at least 10 of my unwanted pounds to their yummy food. Oh well, what's a girl to do. Enjoy it!

Emily said...

Few things top free cafe rio! Love that place!

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Hilarious! Okay, I feel the same way. I can only get Cafe Rio twice a year when we're in Utah and being in Montreal, pretty much zero "Mexican" food. :( Love you, Sandy!