Monday, May 7, 2012

18 Months and Counting


Isaac recently turned 18 months.  This is a big milestone in this house primarily because we have been counting down the days until he was able to go to nursery.  I forgot how nice it is to pay attention in Relief Society and Sunday school.  His been to nursery a couple of times now and does really well.  Jacob and I were pretty certain he'd do just fine but I guess you never really know.  The nursery leaders said Isaac is a talker and they were surprised at how well they can understand him.  I'm not.  I know he's a talker.  But, I was pleased to hear they could understand him.  I know I can but I didn't know if that's just because I'm his mom.  And I also know there are still some words neither Jacob or I understand.

But his talking is one of my most favorite things at this stage!  Here are a few of my favorites.

Vacuum (mum mum).  The kid is obsessed with vacuums.  Really.  It's strange.
Peak a boo (pee kee kee).
Shower: it's new and cute and he says it mostly perfectly with the sh really drawn out.
Isaac (Izat).
Dinosaur: (sa-saurs).
Sauce (shaush) he loves to dip things in sauce.  I can get him to eat more things if I put a little ketchup or ranch on his plate.
Shovel.  I bought him some plastic yard tools at the dollar store in the hopes he'd leave the real tools alone when we go out to work in the yard.  Yeah, not so much.  He does love the tools when he's inside though.
Another one (ayewon).  It also sounds really close to his "organ" or "Oregon."  There are subtle differences but if you don't have them all in context it's difficult.  Meaning, if he's not pointing at the organ or pointing at his Oregon book it can be tricky.
He also learned to say Utah on our most recent trip out.  It's adorable - Uhtuh.
Hallway and bubbles.  Both pretty understandable and totally adorable.
Bunny= mummy.  He used to call rabbits Mama which was really cute.  He has a curious george book with a "mother bunny" so he'd call all bunnies Mama.


He is also super funny!  His laugh is killer.  He doesn't really, sincerely laugh all that often but when he does he busts up.  It's to die for.  He does social laugh quite a bit.  Which is also pretty cute.

Some of my less favorite things:

He is a little bit of a tantrum thrower already.  He can fake cry to try and get what he wants.  It's ridiculous.  And I must admit I laugh some of the time and get really annoyed the other times.

He has taken up crying again before going to bed.  Again, I think it's because he's smart and wants to avoid going to sleep.  I think he thinks I'll pick him up and rock him because I did that once several weeks ago.  That will teach me!

He had his well child check up last week and he is a healthy 26 pounds and 33 inches long.  Pretty much 50th percentile as he always has been.

I sure do love him!  He keeps Jacob and I laughing every day and he certainly keeps me on my toes.  He is a good, kind little boy and I am grateful to be his mom.

And now here are some pictures of the big day.  He was lucky to get a capri sun as a rare treat and we spent some time at the park.  He loves the park and I love getting out of the house.  


 
 
 

He likes to pretend he's hitting you as you push him.  Makes him laugh every time.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily said...

He is so cute! I love reading about his smartness and funny things he does and seeing his pictures.

MaryAnn said...

So cute. What a big boy! Glad he is going to nursery well for you. Emily just decided a few weeks ago that she can now go to nursery without crying.

Mary Ann said...

Fun update! He's a cutie!

Jason&Shannon said...

He is a very funny. I love that he enjoys the park too. The weather should be getting good for spending time outdoors, which is exactly what he and you will need!