Friday, June 15, 2012

Family of Four


This ultrasound was done at about 14 weeks

I decided it was time I announced that we are expecting a baby at the end of November! Primarily so I could write down a few things I don't want to forget.  I am excited and also extremely scared.  I'm not sure how I'll manage Isaac and a newborn.  Those tiny ones are HARD.  I guess we'll figure it out!

This pregnancy has been quite different from my pregnancy with Isaac.  At least so far.  The first trimester was still hard, I think everyone knows that, but I was less tired and sick than with Isaac.  I still felt plenty of nausea but mostly didn't have the food aversions like I did with Isaac.  Maybe that's why I look way more pregnant at this stage of the game than last time too.  (Not really, I know it's normal to start showing sooner but I do feel huge compared to the first go around.)  I definitely took advantage of Isaac's nap time to sleep myself.  But I certainly wasn't sleeping as much as the previous pregnancy.  And I was grateful for these blessings because Isaac is a very busy kid.  Any time I would try and rest on the couch while he was awake he'd come over and grab my hand or my hair (ouch) and pull while saying "up" several times.  He does not like a lazy mom.

I'll tell you what was worse with this pregnancy, the indigestion.  I remember feeling it in the later end of pregnancy but I was popping tums like crazy really early on with this one.  Luckily, that has eased up a bit.

And now I am in my 2nd trimester and feeling pretty good most days.  I'm usually fine energy wise and I could probably eat all day.  Everything sounds good...well...mostly.  But about 4 weeks ago I started having some complications that have landed me on "pelvic rest."  Not full on bed rest (thankfully) but I am certainly limited in what I can do, including lifting Isaac.  That's been difficult.  I think things are improving though and at my next ultrasound in about 4 weeks I'm hopeful they will let me get moving again.  But mostly I'm grateful to have a healthy baby continuing to grow and develop.  I think he or she is adorable all ready.  Just look at that ultrasound with the baby sucking it's thumb...incredible.  It's only 3 ounces after all.

As for the gender of this little one, I think it's a girl (though lately I've been changing my mind) and Jacob thinks it's a boy.  Isaac's answer is different every time.  I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.  Secretly I'm hoping my doctor will schedule the ultrasound sooner than 20 weeks.  She's out of town the whole month of July and I would really hate for her to make us wait until she gets back.  Especially since I want to be done with this "resting" period.  

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That is a cute ultrasound picture! Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be easier and you can get back to yoru normal life!

Mary Ann said...

Your baby does look adorable in that ultrasound! I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you can end your "pelvic rest" and "taking it easy" soon. I'll vouch that it stinks, especially with a little one to care for. I'm thinking you're going to have a girl!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Cute! I bet you'll get lucky enough to find out sooner. We found out at 16 weeks, I can't imagine having to wait longer...I was dying! I think girl and hopefully you'll be off rest soon so you can get back to taking care of cutie Isaac. We will miss your visit.

Emily said...

What a darling little baby!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kathy said...

You are going to do awesome with 2 little ones. The first month will be more challenging as everyone adjusts but then it will get better. Congrats! Cute little baby!

Sarah and AJ said...

How exciting! That is one cute picture. Good luck to you... two kids just about killed me. I hope Isaac is helping you out! Can't wait to hear more updates.