Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hey, Guess What?

I'm having a baby.

Like in 8 weeks or so.

I was just looking at the calendar to add my next Dr's appointment and had the realization that this is coming so much more quickly than I would have guessed.  Yes, I am uncomfortable in my current pregnant state.  But, no, I'm not ready for this baby's arrival.  I'm not ready on every front.  Emotionally, physically (both body and home), and mentally.

Things are so much different than when I was pregnant with Isaac.  Before I was counting down the days I had left at work and anticipating all the excitement of bringing home a baby.  Now I barely have time to keep track of how far along I am and it seems like every day just races by.  I guess taking care of an almost 2 year old does that.  But I also have a greater sense of nervousness about bringing a baby home.  I guess I just know more realistically all that it entails.  And, let's be honest, some of that tiny adorable newborness is, well, less adorable.  Less exciting.  I just keep praying I am up to the challenge of having a newborn (hopefully I can manage with much more sanity this go around) AND a 2 year old.

And let's not forget all the "excitement" about actually birthing a baby.  I also keep praying that I can avoid the complications I had with Isaac and have a smooth, normal, no epidural delivery.

Ready or not it's just around the corner.  I'm taking big, calming breaths right now.

These are going to be some very busy 8 weeks.

5 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

It's so hard when time marches you forward and you can see those bridges coming and know you have to cross them and how difficult the crossing might be. It's time to check on all your bridge-crossing strategies and preparation. But it is still eight weeks away and not today. Even though time is passing quickly, hopefully your busyness with the daily important things gives you a chance to just take things a day at a time and not fret too much about crossing those bridges until you get there. I hope you are having a lovely weekend, too and experiencing some reassuring feelings. Lots of love coming your way!

MaryAnn said...

I always say that the first baby is special because will never have that only one kid to focus on time again. Not that the other babies aren't special, but it is different. Hopefully things will go well and the delivery will be smooth with no complications.

Mary Ann said...

Good luck with getting everything ready before your baby arrives! We'll be praying that there are no delivery complications for you or for your baby.

Kathy said...

To be honest it is stressful at first and then before you know it, you have the hang off it. When I brought home Molly, the 4th, I didn't have the stress anymore. It all works out especially when the little one comes and you realize he is what the family has been missing. ;) Good luck! You are going to do great!

Sarah and AJ said...

Don't forget about all the "excitement" of recovery. I'm sitting in the middle of it right now. But I also must say that I tend to forget how much newborns sleep, so it is kind of possible to keep up with the other kids, etc. Plus, it will be super cute to see Isaac with him. (Him, right? My brain is kinda down the tubes.)