Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Things: With Photos That Hopefully Work

I've been trying to get some things together that Isaac can do fairly independently when I need to give attention to a newborn.  To that end I made some homemade playdough.  And I just had to let him have a go at it.  He loved it!  But I am glad I made it because he does love to try and eat it.  At least I know exactly what he's consuming.

But when I pulled out the camera....this is what I got.  This is what I almost always get when I pull out the camera.  This grin followed closely by a request to see the photo and if that doesn't happen then I get a little bit of a melt down.  I get a lot of little melt downs these days.  I guess that comes with 2.



And then I told him just to play with the playdough.  And he did.
 
 

I absolutely love this face.  He makes this face quite a bit when he is surprised or interested or excited about something he hears outside (like a train, garbage truck, dad coming home, etc.) or if I tell him something that is supposed to be a big deal.  It's really funny.

And then we got some snow.  The day before Isaac's birthday actually.  Which is interesting because I think I have pictures from a first big snow exactly a year ago.  But, seeing as how he was only a year old last year, this "big" snow was like the first time all over again. 
 
 

He thought it was awesome.  He really wanted me to keep chasing him in the snow.  I'm sure he was sad that his very pregnant mom was less enthused about being in the snow.  I did take him back out later that afternoon and walk through the, then more melted, snow. 

We also made a birthday cake.  I let him lick the beaters.  He was in heaven.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Glad he loved the playdough and I love a first big snow too! He definately looks and acts 2, the good and the bad all put together makes it one of my favorite stages (especially if I am putting off potty training until they are 3!)

Mary Ann said...

Much better with photos! That's a lot of snow!