Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

This is a very long post.  I know it already.  But what can I do?  He is just so cute and I wanted to document his special day thoroughly....


We began this Birthday morning with a special Birthday breakfast.  Isaac loves his bacon!

And then we busted out the Brunson family tradition of the "Birthday snake."  The idea is you get to open each section of the snake periodically throughout the day.  Spreads out the Birthday fun for sure.
 

He loved all the new cars and diggers.
 

And then, after his nap, we went to our church Halloween party (that's also why he was in his construction overalls all day).  But I totally left the camera behind.  It's a bummer.  He got to color, do a cupcake walk, decorate sugar cookies and other fun carnival games.  He loved getting all the candy and treats.  This kid sure does have a sweet tooth.

And then it was present time.
 
 
 
 
 

After dinner we did cake and ice cream with Sarah and Kevin and kids.  Isaac loved his construction cake.  I mostly liked making it.  I think it turned out okay but not as cute as the pictures I'd used for inspiration.  
 
 
 

Happy Birthday Isaac!

We LOVE having Isaac in our family.  He is typical 2 with his independent ways and his tantrums but he's also such a sweet and happy boy most of the time.  He keeps us laughing for sure.  He says the funniest things all the time.  Jacob and I love that he has taken to saying "I think so" and "probably" and "actually."   He is also very polite and anytime Jacob burps Isaac chimes in with "Moosee Daddy."  Except he has started to say it more accurately so it's more like "scewsee, Daddy."  And some of my favorite moments are still snuggling up to a good book.  He has started sitting on laps again and if he's next to us on the couch he wants an arm around him.  It's really cute.

He is also pretty smart if you ask me.  He counts up to 14 but he actually has one to one correspondence with about 3 objects.  He can say the alphabet and sometimes Jacob and I wonder if he actually knows the letters in his name.  He knows those letters arranged that way are his name.  He loves to sing.  And I love hearing him sing.  I especially love when he just randomly busts into song while he's playing.  His favorites to sing are: "I love to see the Temple," "I am a Child of God," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and "Call Me Maybe."  Awesome!

I absolutely love spending my days with this little guy and am just a little sad that in a few short weeks we are going to have to share our time with a baby.  I think it will be a hard (but good) adjustment for the both of us.  
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

He and Emily could do a duet of "Call Me Maybe" It's one of her favorite songs and I hear her singing it a lot. What a cute little 2 year old you have!

Jason&Shannon said...

How come I am not familiar with "Call Me Maybe?"
He is one smart cookie!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Isaac!! :) Love the birthday snake idea.

Mary Ann said...

Looks like a fun birthday! Cute cake! I think Hannah would love to sing with her cute cousin Isaac. :)