Monday, December 3, 2012

Biding Our Time

Since we still have no baby (5 days over today) I'm trying to find fun ways to fill our time.  Yesterday we put up the Christmas tree and I made a festive treat to enjoy to celebrate the event.

Isaac liked playing with the bead garland.

 

Jacob did most of the hard work...
 

with a little help from Isaac of course

This the "digger" ornament for Isaac this year.  Each year we are getting a new family ornament and each of the kids will get one too.  We haven't purchased the family ornament yet for this year.  But both Ben and Isaac have theirs.
 

And a star on top!

These cinnamon rolls were really tasty.  Good job me.

And today Isaac asked for a treat.  So I complied with the request and we made "Santas" for FHE dessert.  I let Isaac decorate and eat a square of graham cracker while I did the other Santas.

The picture I copied on Pinterest is a lot cuter because they colored frosting to be the skin and I didn't want to so Santa is very pale.

Keeping hands off the tree is a challenge.  But he sure looks cute in the Christmas light.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Strupp Family said...

Because he's waiting to be born on your birthday :) I'm sure you've heard that one before, but it would be neat. Well, maybe not the labor-on-your-birthday part, but the sharing a birthday forever part :) Good luck, and Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

MaryAnn said...

I think I'm going to have to copy your Santa treats - my girls would love them. Here's hoping your baby comes tomorrow...

Jason&Shannon said...

Those santa treats and Christmas tree sweet rolls are fun! You are a fun mom, and I guess it was good to have to wait so you had time to get some more things done without the baby being here. Love the pictures of Isaac by the tree. So fun!!

Emily said...

Love the cinnamon roll trees and the tree pictures! (and your new header)