Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day Tight Compartments

The title of this post is my current mantra.  I try and repeat it to myself any time my anxiety kicks in.  In essence it means to keep things focused on the present, day tight.  I get most anxious when I start thinking about things beyond today, like Jacob returning to work, or how I want to give up on breast feeding already.  I can't think about it or I get filled with anxiety.  And I just need to focus on the current tasks at hand, one day at a time.

So to share a few highlights:


I think I look pretty darn good for having just delivered a baby.  This was probably an hour after.  I'll share more about the delivery later for those that love the details, and for me to always remember.  But what I will leave you with is the amazing difference not having a retained placenta makes!  I have so much more energy.

The little cutie all dressed and ready to head home.  He really is so cute.  I still can't decide if he looks like Isaac or me.  Maybe he's a good mix.
 

This Ben loves to suck and suck hard.  He has a red spot on his chin that I think is from the pacifier or something...I don't know.  But right now I'm just grateful he takes it.

And though this isn't the best of pictures it does capture one of my favorite moments.  Isaac is having a bit of difficulty adjusting to Benjamin, that's to be expected.  But I sure miss Isaac.  I miss his sweetness and obedience.  They are hard to come by these days.  But this moment was one of them.  He wanted me to read the bedtime stories with Ben too.  I can't believe I have two boys.  I'm a lucky, tired, mama!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I'm sure Isaac's sweetness and obedience will eventually return. It is a big thing having to adjust to being a big brother! That little Ben is darling! Hang in there and just keep taking it day by day.

Robinson Family said...

Such handsome boys! I hope you're getting some sleep and feeling alright. It takes a while to get into routines with a new baby. Congratulations, and cherish those sweet little ones!

Jason&Shannon said...

You do look so much better than you did those first few weeks with Isaac. That is one super cute little guy. He has beautiful eyes, most newborns eyes are kind of small and alien looking, but his are big and beautiful. (can I say beautiful when it's a boy?). Plus he has cute little cheeks too. Wish I was there to kiss his cheeks and hold his cute little compact body...but alas I will just have oh and ah from a distance.

Strupp Family said...

He is so cute. You did an amazing job making this one :) And you do look amazing.

Hopefully this time around with be better with more enjoyment and less worrying :) Good luck with Isaac. And good luck catching some sleep!

Aaron and Triné said...

You look amazing! I'm so happy for you and all of your boys!!

Mary Ann said...

You look great! And both of your boys are cuties! We'll pray that Isaac adjusts quickly. Just thinking about having 2 kids makes me feel a bit anxious, but I guess the key really is to take things one day or one hour at a time. Good luck! We are praying for you guys.

Sarah and AJ said...

Woohoo! I've been thinking about you! So glad to check the blog and see the exciting update. How sweet of Isaac to want to read books with Ben.

Emily said...

Holy moly you look freaking amazing. You make some seriously adorable little boys.

Nicole said...

Pru was really hard after I had Penelope. She was fine with the baby, but turned into a naughty rude little kid. I cried A LOT over were my sweet little girl had gone to. Thankfully Penelope was such a good baby. That would have made it a lot worse. It was about 6 weeks of super yucky behavior before she started acting like herself again. It will get better! You can do hard things!