Monday, February 25, 2013

Remember that time we tiled our bathroom?


While my parents were visiting for Ben's baby blessing Jacob and I took the opportunity to tile our upstairs bathroom.  We couldn't have done it without the extra help from my parents, both in knowing how to tile and entertaining our boys.

This bathroom used to be carpeted.  Who puts carpet in a bathroom?  Especially one that is primarily used by kids.  I'm not sure why it was done but I do know that we had to change it.  I pulled up the carpet and discovered vinyl underneath.  Weird.

But we ripped that up too and then were left with the task of laying the tile.  It was actually kind of fun and will be especially great if we did a good enough job that it lasts many years.  I guess most of it was fun.  I did not like cleaning up all the grout haze.  We put down new baseboard and I still need to sand and do the touch up painting.  Maybe I'll get to that this week.

What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

I love it, I agree about the insanity of having carpet in bathrooms. Nice color choice for your tile, and way to go doing it yourself!

Emily said...

Looks fantastic! So weird that it was carpeted.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I looks so good! Way to make a space better than you found it. Was it fun to work on that project together?