Wednesday, May 8, 2013

5 Months


That's right.  This cute babe is 5 months old.  Just look at those eyes!  He is adorable.  I just want to eat him up.  And I do.  I can't help smooching those cheeks and tickling those chubby legs and chin.  Oh, he is the best!  

He's learning to sit on his own and LOVES it.  I think he wants to be as big as Isaac is and do all the things he watches his brother do.  So sitting is clearly a big deal.
 

He is still about the happiest and most smiley little baby.  He has gotten a little more clingy these past few weeks, especially with his momma.  But mostly I think he's cutting teeth (maybe???) and that has him a little off from his normal self.
 

He is still sleeping pretty well, and in his crib in his own room both naps and nights.  I really can't complain...he's such a mellow, easy going kiddo.
 

He has been waking up at about 2 am and seems like he's trying to practice crawling.  It's funny.  I feed him and then he goes back to sleep easily so it's no big deal.  He sleeps on his side or his stomach which I think is one of the reasons he is sleeping better at naps again.  Figuring out how to roll both directions and how he's most comfortable sleeping is a big step!

He has been having a little difficulty sleeping some nights, I think because of the teeth again, but he'll wake up every half hour or so until we decide to give him some tylenol.  But I must admit, snuggling and rocking a sad baby is not the worst thing in the world.  At least if he calms down relatively quickly and falls asleep on my shoulder.  I love that!

These little photo shoots are getting a little more challenging though.  He's so wiggly and moves so much this is what we end up with.  And of course, Isaac has to get in on the action and play "peek a boo" with the blanket.  And I was too busy making sure "peek a boo" didn't turn into suffocate the baby that I didn't get any pictures of Isaac with Ben this go round.  I'm sure that's okay though.

Cute, sweet Ben, we sure love having you in our family!  


And here's the monthly comparisons.  There are two of month one just to make it work.  Click on it to make it bigger if you care.  Cute, cute, cutie!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Man he is growing up fast! What a cutie!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love his coloring. The peaches and cream with blue eyes. So kissable! And I love watching their little hair lines come in and change their look oh-so-subtly each month. Lots of things going on with that baby. I do think the teeth thing is hard when you're not used to them being quite so wakeful and fussy. But, like you say, it does give you a chance to love that baby up!

Jason&Shannon said...

I think he changed the most from 1 month to 2 and from 4 to 5 months. I can't believe how much he looks like an older baby after just the change from 4 to 5 months. Cute happy Ben!