Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a good Mother's Day weekend at this house.  Saturday was busy, full of grocery shopping and yard and house work.  We did make some time to pick out some tomato plants for our garden and on the way home we stopped by a park for Isaac to play.  He loved it.  We are going to be doing more of it this week as the weather is supposed to be VERY warm.  Isaac was so sad to leave the park I thought we should do something fun after dinner.  So we stopped by the grocery store (again) and picked up some stuff for the Brunson traditional "dough boys."

 

You basically take biscuit dough and wrap it around these special sticks and cook them over the coals.  Then you fill the biscuits with pie filling or pudding or whatever.  We did lemon pudding and cool whip.  It was good.

And Isaac had a ball.  We all did.  I need to remember to do some fun things like this more often.

And then we had 9 am church the next day.  So we roused ourselves and got moving with enough time to take a picture of this Mom and her two boys on Mother's Day.  And we are even all smiling.  It's a Mother's Day miracle.

We made pizza for dinner and had angel food cake and strawberries and cool whip for dessert.  Yum!
Jacob and Isaac gave me a gift certificate for a massage.  I'm grateful for that because ever since Ben was born I've had some weird back and neck pain.  It's especially bad right now.  I'm looking forward to a good massage to be sure.

And...probably one of my favorite parts of the day:  Bedtime.  Especially since I've got a bit of a cold and was even more tired than normal on Sunday.  These cuties fell asleep so cutely I had to take a few pictures.  I risked the flash and everything.
 

Sunday night was pretty warm and Isaac wanted to sleep in his sleeping bag.  I tried to convince him to wear his  short pajamas and he wanted blanket sleeper pajamas.  We settled on those light blue ones you see on the floor below.  While I was feeding Ben in the room next door I could hear a lot of commotion coming from Isaac's room.  So after Ben was fed and settled into his bed I opened Isaac's room to find this:

He had gotten all his pjs out of his drawer and put on the orange and brown striped blanket sleeper pajamas.  He also piled all his blankets on and climbed back into the sleeping bag.  He must have been roasting...but whatever!

Love being these kiddos Mom.  What a good Mother's Day it was!

5 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh my! I love, love, love the picture of you and your boys all smiling. For sure a miracle. I also love the picture of Ben holding his hands together while he sleeps and Isaac roasting in his bed with super rosy cheeks. Oh I miss your family.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like some good times with your cute little boys! Love it!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Love your Mother's Day Miracle. A beauty and a keeper. It's so fun to see how much kids love a romp in the park or a roast in the backyard. It's SO exciting to them and it's nice to experience things through their eyes. I'm sorry you've had a cold and back pain. I had bad lower back pain this time around post-partum off and on, but it is getting better. Yay for a massage! I'm glad you risked the flash. What cute pajamas and cute boys. Isaac so intent on doing it his way! I know about kids like that, (and I'm pretty sure I was one myself.) Glad you had a good day!

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day. Ben looks super cute sleeping like that. And Isaac is absolutely hilarious and a little crazy--he must be 2! :)

Janel said...

I love that photo of you and your boys. So sweet! And the pictures of Ben sleeping are simply angelic.