Tuesday, August 13, 2013

8 Months

This Ben boy just doesn't stop growing.


Or moving...

Taking monthly photos of him has kind of become a bit of a joke.  I'll give it the best I can but this month, that wasn't a lot.

 

He is still a very happy boy, even when he is sick.  He gets a lot more needy at night though.  We've had a couple rough ones recently to be sure!  But, overall he is a good sleeper.  He takes two good naps (usually) and sleeps through the night (sometimes).  We no longer feed him during the night though.
 

He loves exploring and pulling up on things.  He has recently discovered all the goodness that the kitchen holds.  Cupboards full of new toys to explore.  A whole new world!  It's so fun watching him learn something new and then try and see my reaction.  He's so smiley and proud.

Notice how he never once looked at me.  I was tyring to get his attention but lately I can not compete with his fun brother Isaac.  Ben LOVES him.  He is over the moon when he actually gets to play with Isaac.  The other day Isaac had made a "train" out of my cookie sheets and pizza pans.  He was in a passenger car and let Ben be in another one.  I've never seen Ben so pleased.  He wants nothing more than to do what Isaac does.  Too bad Isaac is still only 2 and it mostly doesn't end well.  Someday, boys, someday.
 

Ben does pretty well at eating too.  He likes to eat cheerios and puffs and is getting really good at picking them up off the tray and getting them to his mouth.  He is beginning to dislike his rice and oatmeal baby cereal again.  I have to mix it with other fruits and veggies to get him to eat it.  Oh well.  I have a feeling this boy is going to be a different sort of eater than we are used to in this house.  We lucked out with Isaac who has been so easy going about food.  I sense Ben will be a picky eater.  I'm not sure how to manage that but I guess I'll learn.
 
 

I love Ben's hair.  I think the color is so pretty and he is just getting more and more of it.  And I love that it's starting to have a little bit of curl to it.
 
  

He recently learned to walk pushing the walking toy we have.  He cruises along the furniture at a pretty good clip too.  I hope it takes a little bit of time before he's walking on his own.  Slow down in the mobility department for pete's sake!

And here are the super funny attempts at a brotherly shot.  I think it may have ended in tears for both boys.

Certainly for Ben.

Isaac's hugs are a bit rough sometimes.  But I love seeing their relationship develop and seeing Isaac view Ben a little more as a playmate.  I love these cuties!

Happy 8 Months Ben.  Thanks for coming to our family.  Can't imagine life without him.  He is so happy and fun!  We have been blessed with happy boys!

4 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh my, what active boys you have there.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love his hair, too! The pace just keeps increasing and you are amazing at keeping up!

MaryAnn said...

He is darling - both of them are really. What fun for you!

Mary Ann said...

What a cute, big boy Ben is! Love the pics of him with Issac. :)