Thursday, August 8, 2013

County Fair

Sickness has hit our home.  It's just a cold, nothing major (thankfully), but everyone is a little more cranky and needy.  So we are hunkering down today, taking it very easy.  Isaac's watching TV and Ben is napping so I'm going to take a minute and share some pictures of a few days ago.

I'm pretty sure heading the county fair made Isaac's day.  It might have been the highlight of his 2 year old existence.


We came last year so we knew they had diggers.  While Isaac liked them last year, this year it was even better.  His face was lit up the whole time.  I love watching that.
 
 

And I was surprised how much Ben liked the big diggers too.  Are these boys born with a love for big trucks and diggers?  Where do they get it?
 

Isaac would barely slow down long enough for me to capture photos.  He was running from one machine to the next.
 
 

And then he saw the amusement park rides.  Maybe next year...
 

He especially loved the diggers with levers.  He's all about the levers these days.  Whenever we draw diggers he wants "the one with levers."

He can't wait to visit Grandma and Grandpa Brunson's forest next year and ride their tractor.  It's red like this one, but a little smaller.  At least that's what I'm told.
 
 

Ben was actually giggling with excitement while sitting in this seat.  He would dive for the different switches and such.  Jacob and I were standing close by to snatch him before he plummeted to the ground.

They have a ton of different bouncing structures and slides, most of them too big for a boy Isaac's size, but he loved the ones we let him on.

So did Ben.

And, a few more tractors before heading to see the animals. 

I didn't get any pictures of the animals but both boys loved seeing them.  We saw sheep, pigs, chickens and roosters.  The roosters were a little loud and Isaac said he was "a little scared" but not a lot.

 It was a successful trip to the fair indeed.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Maybe boys are born with a love of diggers and big trucks are girls are born with a love of all thing princess. Cute pictures of some cute, happy boys! Hope you all get feeling better soon.

Mary Ann said...

Pretty dang cute digger-lovin' boys! I agree with MaryAnn that boys and girls seem to be born with different likes, although I'm pretty sure Hannah's love of princesses was greatly influenced by many of her older girl cousins. :)

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

My son is looking at these with me and wishing he were there! These pictures reminded me of a time when you and I and one other friend (Nancy, I think?) sat in the shovel of a digger that was parked in front of my parents' house. Remember that? Some random silliness of ours. If I can find that I'll send it to you. Your Isaac would be impressed!