Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sometimes I Forget About My Other Camera

Or: A really random photo dump.

Starting with Isaac's photography skills.  I sometimes let him play with my little camera while I am taking those monthly photos of Ben on my bigger camera.  He's getting a little better.  Yes, this is better.


These are photos of his "ramp."  I spend a lot of time building ramps.  Basically roads made out of blocks for his cars to go on.  Good times.
 
 

Ben's cute behind.

Ben's toys.

A few weeks ago I took Isaac to a transportation themed activity.  The shops in a neighboring town put on these little carnivals every other week during the summer and it's all free.  I thought it would be easy to manage with my two kids by myself but I had a bit of a struggle.  Primarily because it was Ben's nap time so I was hoping he'd fall asleep in the stroller and I could then do what I needed with Isaac.  But, the crowd was huge and I was uncomfortable leaving Ben in the stroller, even a few feet away, while I put Isaac on rides and such.  So Ben never slept and Isaac was limited in the things he could do.  Maybe I'll have more luck next year. 

He rode in a little train.

LOVED getting in the fire engine.

He wanted to know what all the levers were for and kept asking the fireman but he couldn't hear him and was talking to other people.  I tried getting his attention too but gave up.
 

He also got to go into a school bus, which he thought was great, see an ambulance and police cars, and we all took a ride on a horse drawn wagon.  It was a fun few hours.

Here is Isaac's helmet head.  I love when his hair gets all curly.  He sweats A LOT. 

So does Ben.  So he wakes up with awesome bed head.

It goes a little curly too.  And this particular day it was totally flipped out on the one side.  Awesome!

 

Ben has discovered more territory and loves the new found freedom.  It includes the stairs, the organ, and the shoes by the entry way.  Isaac enjoys trying to push Ben out of the way.  We are still working on being kind.  It's a struggle.
 

This summer we have also spent some time learning to be mobile in other ways.

I picked this scooter up at a thrift store just a few days ago and he is already a master at it.  He loves it and is pretty speedy.
 

He's also getting better at riding his tricycle.  We were gifted two tricycles.  I still need to donate the other one to good will or whatever.  I think this one in the picture is the keeper.

It has a bell and streamers in the handlebars after all.

And Ben learned to wave in Utah.  He also uses his whole arm like that to indicate he wants picked up or out the door or whatever.  Sometimes he gets both arms in on the action.  He also recently learned to clap.  He's quite pleased with himself.

These boys of mine can be so cute!  Isaac was making Ben laugh, full on belly style, by splashing him from the tub today.  It was so funny and a little heart warming.  I like seeing them get along instead of making each other cry.  I hope they can learn to be good friends.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Fun pictures! Isaac is quite the photographer. Too bad we're not in Colorado to take that tricycle off your hands. Hannah loves the "silly hat" Isaac is wearing.

MaryAnn said...

Love the curly hair and the fighting brothers. We have had a lot of fighting sisters around my house - counting the days till school starts again :)

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love the wave--the parade wave for everyone! Rhys still does this big-time. Also, I LOVE baby bed-head. I want to take a picture of it every morning. It's crazy cute and wonderful. Those curls ARE adorable.

Jason&Shannon said...

Cute curly haired boys! Love getting a glimpse into their day!