Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Silly Isaac

More evidence that Isaac (or toddlers in general) are funny:

I love when kids are learning how to say new words and just can't quite get them right.  Isaac says "I'm busy" for "I'm dizzy."  Scriptures are spictures.  Exciting is eskiting.  Toglether for together.  And I'm sure many more, but those are some of my favorites.

I've said "uh-oh spaghetti o" once or twice and Isaac caught on to it.  Actually, he thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard and kept asking me to repeat it.  So I would.  Eventually he was going around the house saying "oopsie skabettio."  Jacob loves that one.

He started speaking Spanish the other day.  At least he said he was.  He would mumble and jabber nonsense and then proudly announce that he had just spoken Spanish.

He came downstairs one morning and started calling Ben "Benjamilla."  I thought it was so cute that he was making up a nickname for his brother.  It was also a pretty funny one.  It hasn't stuck though.  I'm sure Ben will be grateful for that in years to come.  It might be cute now but if his brother was still calling him that at 10 or 12 I'm sure it would be a bone of contention.

And finally, a real gem of a story.  Isaac doesn't like to wear his clothes if they get wet at all.  And believe me they do.  He is constantly changing shirts especially.  The other day he had removed his shirt and I was too lazy to go get him another one and he was refusing to do it as well.  So, shirtless he was.  He began running around the house and rubbing his arms against his bare skin as they pumped along side.  He must have thought it felt really cool because he then told me to run like that.  I imitated his form and he said "No, mommy.  Take your shirt off."  I replied "I'll leave it on thanks."  And he insisted "I don't want you to be modest!"  Like it said, it must have been an awesome sensation to just throw modesty out the window completely.

Silly Isaac.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Isaac and toddlers in general are definitely hilarious! I love it! In our home modesty is totally overrated, but I justify it because I have girls and am breastfeeding. :)

Sarah and AJ said...

Literally lol. I love the nickname as well.