Thursday, November 21, 2013

Early November Randomness

I've posted before about how much love we have for the organ.  Isaac and Ben have both loved it from infancy.  First it's the lights and then they figure out how to play it.  Ben just barely realized he can reach the keys from standing on the foot peddles.  He thinks it's awesome.  The organ often gets play time at dinner time.  It makes it a lot easier to get the prep work done when they are playing a tune.

 

He couldn't be happier about it.

Another of Isaac's recent favorite activities is pulling the cushions off the couch to make trains or whatever else he is need of.  This particular day it was his doctor's office.  He has recently started to play like he is a doctor and he gives shots and fixes things with bandaids.
 

And this is my latest creation.  Well, it's my latest completion of a creation.  I began this quilt when Isaac was a baby and I was invited to join a quilting group with some ladies from our ward.  I had the top sitting around for years but was trying to do something new or different as far as quilting it is concerned.  I finally decided I had to finish it before I could move on to Ben's birthday quilt and other gifts and Christmas stuff.  I did do somethings a little different in the quilting and it wasn't always successful.  It was good practice and if you don't look too closely it looks pretty good.  I'm pleased with the finished product.

It did turn out to be a little bit of an experience because my sewing machine broke mid-way through and then I almost broke it again trying to go through too many layers in those flowers on the pinwheels.  That will teach me to cut corners again.  I didn't cut out the backs of flowers while doing the applique.  I'm such a lazy quilter!  So now I'm not going to quilt those flowers because I don't want to risk my machine again.
 

A few Sundays ago all the boys were wearing their sweater vests and ties.  There had to be a picture of coarse!

This is certainly a classic.  Does it look a little like "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil."  Awesome.

And that's all for now.  I have been super busy with a Relief Society activity that just wrapped up and now it's on to Thanksgiving.  I need to get the camera out again though.  It's been a few weeks.  I just can't believe we are almost into December already.  This year went really quickly and I'm excited for all the end of year madness with the Holidays approaching.  Should be a good one!

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Okay, girl, I am definitely moving close to you and having you teach me how to quilt. That is AMAZING!!!! Also love the see no evil, hear no evil picture at the end.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Hooray for finishing a project! No laziness about it! And I have been looking for sweater vests for my boys but no luck yet. I probably need to get to more than just Target, but sometimes the one stop shopping works best for me! Love the photos, as always!