Saturday, November 30, 2013

Turkeys

We enjoyed a really pleasant Thanksgiving with our little family and with Jacob's sister's family.  It seems I was busy a good chunk of the day and failed to take many pictures.  The ones we do have are courtesy of Jacob.  He was good to play photographer every time I said "Hey, will you get a few pictures of _______."

These two turkeys are my favorite.

 

I'm not sure why Ben looks so worried.  But I do know that these brothers are the cutest.

Some of you may remember that the shirt Ben is wearing was originally made for Isaac when he was that age.  Well, Isaac saw the shirt on Ben and immediately requested a Turkey shirt of his own.  I'm wondering if I'll ever be out of the business of making these shirts.  Good thing they come together in a snap, and they are pretty stinking cute.
 

 And in other Thanksgiving happenings, we looked through all the ads for shopping.  Isaac cut out some things he thought he needed from Toys R Us.
 

Ben helped too.
 

This was our fancy table with place cards and everything.  Notice Isaac is no longer in his turkey shirt.  We are having problems with appropriate potty behavior again.  He's having accidents daily and wetting on his clothes even when he does manage to make it to the toilet.  Man this is frustrating!  Any words of wisdom from you seasoned potty trainers out there?

Last but not least, here is a photo of me hard at work on peeling potatoes.

Like I said, pictures were scarce but rest assured that there was lots of fun and food and gratitude despite the lack of proof.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Those are a couple of cute turkeys! You are a nice mom--I never let Hannah use scissors. Sorry that I don't have any potty words of wisdom. Hannah claims that she will start using the potty when she is 3. I guess we'll see soon enough if she really means it.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love those shirts! I think Ben looks a little worried because he's not sure Isaac is going to give him his hand back. So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and hope that the rest of the week was peaceful and fun.