Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ben

Ben is becoming quite the little stinker.  I think I'm going to chalk it up to continued teething and a cold.  Regardless, it's pretty funny.

He knows nap time is coming when we head to his room and I start to rock and read books.  He almost immediately starts throwing a fit. Crying and kicking and all.  So I stop reading and try and rock and sing his lullaby primary song (I love to See the Temple).  He continues throwing his fit, squirming in my arms and trying to get down.  Just now he even tried to pinch my lips together with his little hands as I started singing.  Super funny.

He is certainly getting to be more of a little boy than a baby.  He'll be 15 months next month and I'll try and get some good photos and write more about his cute little personality then.  I sure love him!

2 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Rhys is doing this more and more, too! And once he is in bed, he will throw out all of the blankets and pull on his hair till he pulls it out and then make himself throw up! He's usually so mild mannered, but he's demonstrating some strong feelings at crucial moments of transition!

So lately I have been wrestling a lot with him on the big bed as part of our naptime and bedtime routine. We read a book in between wrestles. He still protests, but he's a little more tired out when I say, "Nap-nap."

I love the image of Ben pressing your lips together. Oh, how they want to be in control, the cuties/stinkers.

Jason&Shannon said...

That brings back memories of my kids crying as soon as I would start their bedtime song. However, I don't remember them ever trying to close my lips.