Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Much Love


I guess love in house is often shared in food.  While I showered in the morning Jacob busied himself with taking care of the boys and making delicious valentine french toast with strawberry jam.  Isaac loved it.  And so did I.  What a good husband and dad.


Later that day we had some friends over to decorate cookies.  I forgot to pull out my camera while all the kids and moms were over...it was a little crazy after all...but I did take a photo of Isaac's masterpieces.  I really love the excessive sprinkles and candies along with the piles of frosting.  It was fun.  The kids had a great time playing together and eating their works of art.  I had invited Carol and Joanna, Jamie and her three girls (Shaylee, Sydney and Kelsey) and Mary Ann and Max.  Mary Ann ended up dropping Max off as she had to go to her daughter's school party.  I really enjoyed having them all here.  


After max was picked up I got busy cleaning the living room of all the toys.  I was hoping to have it all really put together when Jacob came home from work so we could enjoy dinner together.  Here's what happened literally 1 minute after I had it all picked up.


Isaac decided he needed the bins and boxes for his train for some reason.  And I especially can't understand it because he dumped the toys and then used the bins RIGHT SIDE UP to create his train station.


Why couldn't the toys have stayed in the bin?  I don't know.  Why do I bother cleaning while the boys are awake?  I don't know that either.

Know what else, we were far from put together when Jacob came home.  Instead I was full of rage (an exaggeration, but maybe not by much) due to Isaac peeing on the foot pedals of the organ.  We were all playing together while dinner cooked and then I realized his pants were wet.  He didn't even try to make it to the toilet or tell me it had happened.  Though, to be fair, I probably wouldn't tell my mom either if she reacted in anger like I am prone to do.  Grrr....

I was mad.  I HATE everything potty training.  And so I'm not pouring energy into it any more.  I think Isaac only does worse when I react poorly so I'm trying to just set my expectations differently.  I will no longer expect that just because he is capable and just because he has been working on this for 6 MONTHS that we will have dry pants.  Instead, I will expect daily accidents and be happy if they don't come.  Perhaps then my reactions will be more calm when he pees.  Oh my.  I've tried everything else and he doesn't change so I guess I need to change me.  Raising kids is hard.

Done ranting...returning to Valentine's Day festivities.

And...all that lead to over cooked heart shaped pizza. (Oh wait, I'm not ranting or complaining any more...) It was still tasty though.  And the bread sticks were Delicious.  


After dinner the boys were put to bed and Jacob and I enjoyed a nice evening together playing a new game and eating Sees chocolates.

Hope you had a good Valentine's day too!

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Sounds like your day was filled with love, craziness, and frustration....a normal Valentine's Day for a mother of young children! Love to all of you!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I'm glad you had something to celebrate today and so could give yourself permission to move on from the potty training frustration and on to the awesome pizza! You do a lot for your family, Sandy. It's hard not to be frustrated and a miracle (for me, anyways) when I can have that change of heart that helps me be less frustrated. Mmmm, Sees chocolates. We had some, too, and I've been enjoying my caramels and dark chocolate and toffee and almonds--Yum!