Sunday, February 21, 2016

Half a Year

Nora turned six month old this month.  A half a year already.  That seems totally crazy and also not all at the same time.  It's funny how time with babies can seem really slow and really fast all at once.  

She has been sick, and teething (maybe) so she has been pretty cranky and REALLY clingy to me.  So clingy that she rarely happily plays on her own any more and always cries if I leave her with someone else, sometimes even Jacob.  The attachment is bad.  Sometimes cute to have her loving me this much but mostly not.  I'm the kind of mom that wants my kids to be happy with whomever I need them to be with at the moment.  

Despite all that going on she is still adorable.



And totally busy.  She scoots like a champ and has gotten fast at it.  She is trying her hardest to figure out how to crawl up on her knees.  But it's still not there yet.




She loves to stand and wants to be pulled up into standing all the time.  She is learning to pull up on her own.  She can pull up onto the fireplace hearth (I still hate my fireplace with babies in the house, just in case you are wondering) and she pulls up on laps and legs when you are sitting on the floor.  






Despite what it may look like, her hair is coming in.  She is much more blonde than either of my other kiddos.  And still way less hair than Ben and maybe Isaac too.  Isaac's hair did such weird things it's hard to remember exactly when it started coming in for real.  



She also has very blonde eyebrows and super long blonde eye lashes.  





She is still a pretty happy girl and likes to be made to laugh.  She loves the attention.





Oh my word, look at those thighs!  Such chub.  She is a total rolly polly.  She weighs a bit more than either of the boys at this age and is the same height.







I love putting Nora for her naps because as soon as I start singing to her she cuddles into my neck and grabs my hair or cheeks.  She is a cuddle baby for sure.  I love her hugs and snuggles.



She still gets the most comments about those cheeks.  People love that face!  I can't blame them.






Seriously, look at that face.







And here is the collage of all the monthly pictues.  My how she has grown.  



Sure happy to have her in our family.  I love having a little girl to make our family feel complete.  She is a joy to have in our home, rough nights and all.

No comments: