Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January Fun

January seems like it was a blur of sickness and doctors visits.  I think between us all we had 3 weeks of less than fun times.  It started with Ben.  He got pink eye and then a miserable cold.  Everyone caught the cold, but luckily only Isaac and Jacob caught the pink eye.  (Knock on wood)  The cold lead to ear infections for all the kids and a couple of pretty unpleasant nights for Nora (and me).  But...we had some fun during all the sickness too. 


The boys have loved playing with their new toys from Christmas.  And Nora has loved exploring them too.





She is a scooting machine.  She can get anywhere she wants and pretty speedily too.



She got stuck in the base of her exersaucer though.  She didn't seem to mind.  She was reaching for the toys that had fallen there.



We've also had some really cute sibling moments.  The boys are so cute with Nora and she eats up any attention they throw her way.




Oh those faces!  Don't ever let me forget what these cute young kids were like.  They are growing too fast.  It's so good and so sad all at the same time.  Ugh.





We bought Isaac a set of K'nex for Christmas and then our neighbor found a set at the goodwill and bought them for us.  We have had many family building sessions in our house.  In fact, Isaac barely plays with anything else these days.  All the other Christmas toys have been forgotten for him but not the K'nex.  One Saturday, or maybe a sick at home Sunday Jacob and Isaac built the "bomber plane."  it was huge.





Nora is such a pleasant baby.  She is pretty content to play with her toys.  Except the in the past couple of days she has really learned to go from sitting to scooting and doesn't stay where we plant her at all anymore.  But she is still content to wonder and find all the stray pieces of lint and little garbage that has fallen on the floors.  I don't vacuum nearly enough.  :)



We've had some truly stunning sunsets.  And I wish I were better at taking landscape photos.  I'm working on it...


The view from our front porch.



More playing.  I read a quote from Mr Rogers today about how play is kids work.  My kids work hard!  I was wondering today if I provide enough structured activity.  They get a ton of unstructured play.  I'm not sure what the "right" balance is but they seem pretty happy most of the time.  I just wonder if I don't give them enough personal attention.  I always find the thing to complain about don't I?  What I really mean to focus on is how grateful I am that my kids know how to play both independently and with adult guidance.



Stay tuned for more January fun to come!

No comments: