Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Compliment of a Different Kind

Shannon reminded me today that I have received an even better compliment than the one from my former supervisor.

Katie once told Shannon that Shae couldn't comb out Katie's doll's hair as good as Aunt Sandy. Shannon also informed me of a job alternative in case the social work thing gets old. The American Girl doll company apparently hires people to restore and repair damaged dolls.

I guess I can take my mad doll hair combing skills and put them to use.

And I'd probably make more money.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Well then . . . you should have no worries!!! :) Congratulations on all your compliments, which, I might add, are clearly well deserved.

MaryAnn said...

They are both such impressive compliments! You are a very talented individual!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Wow, I didn't know our conversation would become a post. It was quite funny. Always good to have more than one iron in the fire...isn't that how that goes?

Mary Ann said...

Oh, I'd much rather get a compliment from my niece than my supervisor. And some days I'm pretty sure I'd much rather be combing doll hair than doing social work. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

I wrote a long post on your "compliments" comments and it got lost in cyberspace. I was so discouraged that I failed to follow up, but I am making up for lost time now. I'm not surprised that you are admired for your good work, and happy that it has been recognized. Aunt Lynda