Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day

As a preface to this story, let me first just say that last Saturday Jacob and I were hiking in Horsetooth in 70 degree weather. We were wearing shorts. And yesterday I got sent home from work early due to severe weather.

Yep, I had the first snow day since high school. It was wonderful! I spent most of the time at Jacob's house curled up by the fire reading a magazine while Jacob worked from home. Then I was pleased to be able to spend some time with Aunt Carol and Uncle Jim because they were stuck traveling back from the Denver airport. We went out to dinner and had an enjoyable time visiting.

I was really hoping for snow day number two this morning, but apparently I have to go to work. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a waste of time because my only appointment for the day is one who travels from a mountain town down to see me and I'm sure they will be stuck. Oh well. I guess I can spend some time catching up on paperwork.

6 comments:

scott said...

I guess you are lucky. I dont' ever remember having a snow day in school or work. It is possible that we had some in grade school, but I don't remember. Perhaps one of the older sibling might remember. Anyway I always felt a little ripped off.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Did Aunt Carol and Uncle Jim spend the night in Fort Collins? That was nice to be able to go out to eat with them. I wondered if you were being dumped on when I heard on the news that Denver was being hit with a blizzard. Fun times.

Harmony said...

Seriously! What is up with this weather. I don't know what happened to Global Warming but I'd appreciate some of it right about now.

jacob said...

@Harmony - Most of the "experts" have shifted from calling it "Global Warming" to "Global Climate Change" so that they can be wrong a lot less.

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your snow day! A surprise day off is always fun.

Lynda/Mom said...

The second time this week Aunt Carol and Uncle Jim got caught in the snow taking kids to the airport! Life is funny and ironic that way. Glad they had someone to enjoy the evening with. Congratulations on your snow day. Aunt Lynda