Sunday, June 14, 2009

The School Girl Apron

I know I don't officially become a Brunson for 12 more days, but perhaps my real initiation into the family came when I made an apron.

That sounds strange to many of you, I'm sure, but stick with me...it will all make sense.


Jacob's mom creates patterns for her business, many of which are apron patterns. I decided a few months ago that I needed an apron. As I was discussing it with Jacob one day he pulled out all the patterns and told me to pick one. I picked my pattern and had great success crafting it.

My roommate, Heather, and friend, Lori, also liked the apron so much they each made their own. Lori used a different pattern and it is also very cute. Heather's apron is the same pattern as mine and equally attractive.


Of course my favorite part was picking out the fabric, but I must also admit it was pretty fun to sew. His mom does a great job with the patterns and they are cute and easy to make.


So, because aprons are so in (that's what Laura said at my bridal shower, and the kiosks at the Utah malls might also be proof), I decided to share both the photo of my lovely creation and the link to the online store.


Happy sewing!


10 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Very cute!

Harmony said...

Very nice! I have zero sewing talent so I'll just have to buy one. :)

Kathy said...

You did a great job! Sewing is fun but I think the best part is fabric shopping!

Emily said...

nice work! did you have a good flag day?

Megan Campbell Carter said...

So cute and aprons really are in. I'm going to have to make some new ones for school. Just too much stuff to hold.

Austin's Mommy said...

Good job. And you do look great in your skinny jeans. You're going to make a beautiful bride in - what less than two weeks?

Jason&Shannon said...

That is a nice apron. I like the top bib part especially. The buttons, etc. So what are you cooking?

Sandy Brunson said...

Emily- Flag day was fantastic. Jacob and I made star shaped sugar cookies and decorated them in red white and blue for our friends.

Shannon- I was cooking bran muffins with cinnamon butter. Delicious! Not Mimi's Cafe but the best recipe I've found.

marydalene said...

Love the apron and -- as I was zoomed in to get a better look -- your toaster. Have one very close to it. :)

jacob said...

The best thing about that toaster is that it can cook a whole frozen pizza.