Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jackets in June

Now let me begin by saying that I am not a huge fan of the summer heat but it does have its place in the world.

I even remember as a kid really loving the chance to play in the sprinklers, swim in the pool, and wear shorts. We had rules about only being able to play in the sprinkler when the temperature hit 90 degrees. We would call time and temperature any time we thought it was soooooo warm it must be 90. That was nearly everyday. And most days it wasn't quite there yet.

But I digress.

The point is, it is now June 4th. And for the past 4 days I have been wearing long pants, long sleeved shirts, jackets, and occasionally a very warm hoodie.

Something is just not right about that. It is June, people! I want my shorts and capris and my sunshine.

Colorado taunted me with the lovely weeks of sunshine and shorts at the end of May and then, overnight, laughed in my face with the cold, gloomy, rain.

I say enough! Who's with me?

(Except for maybe June 26th. On that day I would really appreciate mild temperatures for an outdoor wedding reception.)

Maybe I'm asking for too much...

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Anytime you have a hankering for heat and sunshine you can feel free to visit me. We have LOTS of those things here!

And I had forgotten about the many calls to time and temperature!

Emily said...

That's awesome about calling for the time and temperature! Hope you have great weather on the 26th. We got your invitation and LOVE it. :)

Austin's Mommy said...

We used to call time and temp all the time. I do like the occasional string of warm weather but honestly, after however many years in AZ, I think summer is just too long.

Austin's Mommy said...

P.S. You're top 5 reasons... are so cute.

Lynda/Mom said...

It has been a very odd year for weather here in the West; I haven't kept track of other places. Several years ago in June or July it snowed in Vegas for girl's camp. I guess that's why we had to abandon the "religion of global warming" and embrace the "religion of weather change." Funny how the weather just didn't change until somebody figured they could make money on it. I wish you the best for your reception--it worked well for Diana. Aunt Lynda

Merilee said...

I cannot believe so many other people called time and temperature. We had the number memorized. I'm pretty sure I would have died if I hadn't known the exact temperature those days. It just seemed so hot outside.

It was really hot here in Germany for a while, then got really rainy, then hot again. It's weird sauce, but I enjoy the heat waves as they come.

I think Juneau Alaska's been stealing your heat. Don't be mad, they deserve it up there. The last three summers have been crap.

Jason&Shannon said...

Gotta love weather. No matter where I live everyone seems to think their neck of the world is the only place that experiences 4 seasons all in the same week. Gotta, however, love Spring in Colorado. I too had forgotten about time and temp and enjoyed the digression down memory lane.