Friday, June 19, 2009

A Sunset and Seven Days

So...first things first. Last night was an amazing sunset with this fantastic, really bright rainbow running through it. It was really strange to see the totally orange sky in the east and the rainbow. Weird and lovely all at the same time. Jacob caught a picture on my camera that turned out pretty good. It doesn't do it full justice but you may get the idea.

Second things second, I am getting married in one week! Is it just me or did time go by so fast?!? It is strange to think that in a mere 7 days I will no longer be single. I find myself becoming more and more emotional thinking about it all. Which is really a bad sign. If I get a little weepy now imagine the wreck I will be on the actual day.

I am now probably going to wax a little cheesey and sentimental so continue reading at your own risk. You have been warned.

I think I get emotional because I am so happy. I am excited to be starting this chapter in my life, and probably a little scared too. Happy because I look forward to getting to know Jacob better and to grow together as a family. Scared because I know that growth is going to be difficult and a lot of hard work. But I am lucky. Lucky because I get to go through it all with Jacob. He is known to some as Jacob the Amazing and I am here to tell you it is true. He is amazing!

I'll stop now.

7 DAYS!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Isn't it great to be in love? And I'm telling you, it just keeps getting better and better. :)

sarimose said...

awwww, Sandy, I am so very happy that you are so happy! Can't wait to see you!

scott said...

The sunset is beautiful, I can't say that I have ever seen one with a rainbow, super cool. You are quite the cheese ball, but I have become more cheesey in my old age!

jacob said...

The reason you won't see rainbows against sunsets very often, is that rainbows must appear in the sky opposite of the sun. However, sometimes when the sun sets, other parts of the sky (like the east sky) also glows red, which is what is the case in this picture.

Austin's Mommy said...

That's interesting. Why must they appear opposite of the sun? Anyway, I'm very happy for you Sandy.

Strupp Family said...

I'm so excited for you. It is amazing to be in love and then amazing to share your life together and grow closer and closer. Marriage is amazing (it CAN be, I mean) so that's good you get to share it with Jacob the Amazing :) I just said amazing a lot of times.

MaryAnn said...

Yeah - you are pretty cheesy, but I guess it is excusable. I am glad you are happy and excited to start the next chapter of your life. And the sunset/rainbow picture is very pretty and very unusual.

Kathy said...

It just gets better! Love is great!

Lynda/Mom said...

Beautiful and unusual photo. I'm excited, too. I felt about the same way leaving for my mission as getting married--like I was about to jump off a cliff without knowing where I would land. Looking forward to the weekend! Aunt Lynda