Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wicked - Snow Day

Last night Jacob and I drove to Denver to see Wicked. It was my 3rd time seeing the play. The first two times I've seen the play were both in New York.

The very first time I saw it was with Trine about 4 years ago. We were lucky to see it with most of the original cast. We even got to see Joey from New Kids On The Block playing the male lead. Yes, it's okay if you are jealous. You should be. I have very good memories from that trip.

The second time I saw it with Lori and Sarah in May of 2008. That trip to New York was to celebrate my graduation from CSU. Good times!

But this time I was pleased to be seeing the play with my husband. I was less pleased to be seeing it with the two high school girls seated on the opposite side of me. They were loud screamers due to their excitement about seeing the show. Annoying.

Unfortunately, when I bought our tickets back in May I could not anticipate the weather. We drove down in rain and back in snow. Lots of snow. Especially in some spots. It was a little sketchy and took us a bit longer to get home than usual. But it was worth it. I thought it was fun to see the comparison between a Broadway performance and the road show. There were actually not that many differences and overall it was a good production.

Me getting ready for the trek in the rain prior to the performance.

And, lucky me, there turned out to be a bonus from all that snow. My work closed at noon and sent us all home. The snow is still coming down and it is forecast to continue into tomorrow and possibly Friday. The main roads in town are pretty clear but I was driving on some pretty slick stuff on my way home.


View from my front window

And here's a funny story. Jacob and I don't have a snow shovel. Well more accurately, we didn't have a snow shovel. We debated stopping at WalMart at 12:30 last night but opted to wait until today. So I got home at about noon and tried pulling into the garage. Our driveway is a bit of an incline and it had accumulated quite a bit of snow. After several attempts at getting up the driveway and almost getting stuck, I gave up and parked on the street. About 15 minutes later Jacob came home for lunch. Turns out he saw me parked in the street and wondered what that was all about. He quickly learned as he attempted the driveway and got stuck. Suckah!

He had stopped at a store on the way home and picked up a snow shovel so we were both able to safely park in the garage.

Freshly shoveled driveway.

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I'm glad I don't live where it snows. I'm like Mom - I hate driving in it. I also hate shoveling it and scraping my car. Oh Las Vegas, it is this time of year when I really appreciate you! Have fun with all that snow!

Grammyzanne said...

Have your mums survived all that cold white stuff?

scott said...

Sucks to be you, I hate snow. Utah county so far has not had any yet. I would like to see Wicked again, but I don't know that it would be worth the snowy drive.

Mary Ann said...

I LOVE Wicked! I too have seen it 3 times, once in NY and twice in LA. The snow is super pretty but a little too early. I don't know what Scott's talking about--just because the snow hasn't stuck here doesn't mean than it hasn't snowed. Silly Scott.

Lynda/Mom said...

Yes, I heard yesterday a.m. that you were expecting up to 18 inches. I understand that had been revised up, although I'm sure it depends where in the Colorado Rockies you happen to be. It is a little early for snow, but not that unusual. Brace yourself, I guess. It has been cold and windy in Vegas, but no snow. . . .yet. Aung Lynda

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Jealous....I've been wanting to see Wicked for years. John and I are planning to go someday...but we can't come to a decision as to where we want to go yet. Glad we don't have that much snow!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Love the snow and wish I lived in Fort Collins with you.