Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deck the Halls

It has been fun this past week decorating our home for Christmas. It's a different experience when the home is truly your own and it's also been exciting getting ready for our first "married Christmas."

I don't have a lot to say about it but I've been taking some pictures of the decorating process and some of my favorite things...so here ya go!



This is the nativity my mom made me one year for Christmas. It is just like the one we used to have when I was a kid. It's awesome!


Last year Jacob and I made Christmas ornaments. They are hanging on our tree this year. We made cinnamon ones (they still smell good) and the metal stars. I think we need more of the metal stars and if I get ambitious enough I'll do a few more this year. We want to make it a tradition to make a new ornament each year.


We also want to make it a tradition to buy a new ornament that represents something significant from the year or has some special meaning for us. This is the ornament for this year. We bought it in Canada on our honeymoon.


Our house smells really good from the basket of cinnamon pine cones and I love poinsettias...and that is that.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

Your metal stars are really cute. Jon and I made ornaments our first year and we still use some of them on our tree 10 Christmases later. I'm not sure it that's sweet or kind of lame, but I still like them. They, however, don't smell like cinnamon anymore.

scott said...

Fake tree? I would never have thought of you. And the white lights have to go. Last year we did Mary Ann style tree, a bush and white lights. This year we did a non bush tree with big color lights. I can't deal with the white lights, so we have to go back and forth every year.

Unknown said...

I like your metal stars as well, and I love cinnamon pine cones, they just make it smell like Christmas to me!

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like you are all set to enjoy the Christmas season. Merry Christmas.

Merilee said...

I love that red metal leave ornament you got in Canada. I also love the cinnamon spicy smell of Christmas.

Yay for taking pictures Sandy, I wish I was better at taking pictures of everything I wanted to take pictures of. I'm a slacking slacker.

MaryAnn said...

I think we have the same tree topper. We set up our tree tonight, but it still needs a lot of work. Your house looks good.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Nice! We have the same Snowflake bowls we got last year. I love them! John and I also have the same ornament traditions, making one and getting one. We got a maple leaf this year too on our cruise and an Alaskan snowflake...we haven't made our new ones yet.