Monday, December 21, 2009

Twas the Sunday Before Christmas

After complaining Friday afternoon about all I had to accomplish, especially with the ward activity, I must admit I had a relatively good weekend.

Don't get me wrong, Friday and Saturday were busy, but not nearly as hectic as I thought they would be. The party was a success. We had a huge turn out. We planned the amount of food pretty well perfectly. No one was hungry but there weren't massive amounts of food left over either.

In between getting ready for the party I also managed to attempt some Toffee (it was much less a success than the Christmas party, but I'll try again later this week) and finish painting a the downstairs bedroom.

And Sunday was one of the best I've had in a while. I typically love the Sunday before Christmas but I remember how much more I love it in a family ward. All the kids are dressed in their new Christmas outfits and such. We had an excellent Sacrament presentation. We have a "family choir" in our ward. It's complete with primary children and up. I especially loved the songs where the kids sang alone, no adults. I was a little teary-eyed on more than one occasion yesterday.

Jacob and I also attended the Stake Christmas Fireside last night. It was also really well done and really great because they kept it to an hour in length.

But the highlight of the day may have been throwing on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the Grinch and making spritz cookies with Jacob. They aren't my favorite treat but they sure are a classic.


And now as I am thinking of what is remaining on my "to do" list, it's not inducing a panic attack. Just slight anxiety. A much more manageable level. I just need to clean house (which won't take long, it's not THAT dirty) and do some grocery shopping.

And if I get around to it, attempt that stinking toffee again. :)

I threw this last picture in for those of you asking for a photo of the new hair. It's the best you are going to get for now...and I know it's not that good. But trust me...it's a good cut.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Cute haircut! Let me know how the 2nd toffee attempt goes...

MaryAnn said...

I need a cookie press. But maybe my kids would not like those kind of cookies because our tradition is to do sugar cookies which Megan always says are her favorite because they have frosting and sprinkles. Cute hair and glad to hear that your party went well.

Emily said...

Love the haircut! I'm glad your weekend was good. :) What did you serve at your ward activity? btw I'm a little jealous of your stovetop. Good luck with the toffee. :)

Jason&Shannon said...

I did miss going to church last Sunday, as we had it canceled due to the snow. It was nice to not have to teach my lesson, but it won't be the same to have the Christmas Sacrament Meeting after Christmas. I like the family choir idea. Real nice. I am skipping Spritz cookies this year, since we did Sugar and that is enough of those types. Hope you get my attempt at Boston Cremes soon, call when you do!