Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Clean House

I just wanted to take a second and brag a little about the awesomeness of this guy...

These are the facts:

I had Wednesday off but Jacob was going to work.
The house was kind of a cluttered mess from a week of Christmas fun.
I really struggle with a dirty house. I am compelled to clean. I'm good with a slightly messy bedroom but the more "high traffic" areas need to be in order. I often spend some of my "free time" cleaning.
I needed some relaxation.

The story goes like this:

Jacob and I woke up early to say goodbye to his parents Wednesday morning and then went back to sleep. He rolled out of bed at about 8:30 or 9 to head to work. I was content to stay in bed. Before Jacob left he told me he would be back around 11:30 or 12 to have lunch and clean the house. He made me promise not to do any cleaning until he could come back to help out. I told him I wasn't sure if I could do it but I would try and contain my cleaning to our bedroom and would try and enjoy a leisurely morning of blogging and such instead.

And that is what happened. I refrained from entering the kitchen or living room area because I knew I'd have to start tidying up. But, true to his word Jacob came home for lunch and stayed until the house was in order. It was wonderful.

And that is why I love my husband. At least that's what reminded me of why I love him yesterday.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

What a gem; worth the wait!! Aunt Lynda

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

We love Jacob too, but maybe would love him even more if he was visiting our house...hint....hint! Oh well, I guess I need to start my cleaning today and not relax another day.

MaryAnn said...

That is very nice! What a good husband.