Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some Things are Growing Around Here

Like...

the basil and oregano (yes, something is eating my basil. Any suggestions?)



the flowers



the other flowers (sunflowers to be exact)



the lettuce



the bell peppers


the jalapenos



the tomatoes



the baby



I'm almost 25 weeks in this photo. And, to be fair, some things I wear make me look bigger than others. This is a "look bigger" day. Most people still tell me I don't look pregnant at all. And that makes me a little sad because those people must think I am really fat.

Some things are not growing. Or more accurately they are not growing as well as I would hope.

Like...

the "Big Jim" peppers (similar to Anaheim, I think) and the flowers on my front porch. But nobody wants to see dying plants.

So I didn't take pictures of those.

9 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I think your plants are doing much better than mine. And my lawn got fried while I was in Vegas this week--they started rationing the irrigation water just when it really heated up!! Your crops look very good. May you have a wonderful harvest. Aunt Lynda

Barbara said...

Looking good!!!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Your garden looks much healthier than our dying tomato, herbs, and cabbage that we made a half-hearted attempt to grow. Oh well, we don't have the sunny spots nor the devoted husband to make it work. We did get one little pumpkin to pick yesterday, and two more growing. The free plant is the one that is thriving. Funny.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

p.s. I was told all the time that people didn't know I was even pregnant until I was like 30 weeks or more....it had the same effect one me. I feel like the really thin girls can't hide it and that meant comments like that really were saying how fat I was and looked. Oh well.

Mary Ann said...

I just caught up on your last few posts. Happy late anniversary! I'm glad you had a nice trip, and I love that food was the main highlight. We missed having you here for the 4th festivities. I am very impressed by your festive and delicious looking dessert. I can't believe all the rain you got, but at least your garden survived. I can't wait to see your baby's room and your cute prego self in a couple of weeks. I think you definitely look pregnant--not fat. I'm feeling super fat and just hoping it all starts looking like a cute prego belly soon.

MaryAnn said...

Ditto what Shannon said - I got the same comments and it also made me think that I must just look realy fat normally. Your plants and flowers looks wonderful. I'd never try to grow things in Las Vegas. It's way too hot!

Unknown said...

I am very jealous of your tomatoes and peppers, mine are just not cooperating this year.

I agree that you look pregnant - I think people say that you don't look pregnant to be nice, but they don't think too much about it. :)

Harmony said...

haha I love this post! I think you look cute and pregnant (at least in that picture)! On a side note...something is eating my basil too. And my tomato plant refuses to grow...yours is huge. What's up with that??

jacob said...

I thought you had specifically said that you weren't going to post pregnant pictures of yourself on the Internet.