Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Losing It

So, there is a recently discovered commonality amongst all the Brunsons in this household. And I'm sad to report it's not necessarily a good thing.

We are all losing our hair.

I'm shedding like crazy, though I suppose that is normal post-pregnancy. But I also got a hair cut. Not a great one, but one just the same. Isaac had his first babysitter a couple weeks ago while I treated my hair to a much needed chop. He stayed with a former co-worker of mine for a little over an hour and was a dream come true. Too bad I can't say the same for my hair... Nope, no pictures of me. Sorry.

Jacob has always been losing his hair so this really isn't new for him. But his hair cut is.

And Isaac. Poor baby. He is totally rocking a receding hairline. And when I say "rocking" I mean he has some weird looking hair these days. He's losing some on top because it's falling out. And then he's got some hair loss on one side that is pretty severe.


And of course there is the infamous rubbed off hair spots. He has the obvious one on the back of the head.

But my little boy is special because when he goes to sleep he turns his head from side to side so he is losing his hair in a nice ring from ear to ear. It's making for some awesome mullet weirdness.

Good thing I still think he's cute.



11 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

He is so cute...don't worry...we have the same problem at our house..although we have no kid or pregnancy recovery to blame it on. :)

Strupp Family said...

What a cute baby. My babies all did the same thing. They were born with a little hair, and then they lost it ALL. At least your baby still has a bunch :) It's a good time. They're like little puppies. You should look in the carseat where his head goes, I bet there's a whole bunch of little baby hairs everywhere. Or at least I noticed that--and in the baby swing.

I love him. He's so adorable!

And I wanna see your haircut.

Unknown said...

Haha. Love it! I'm pretty blessed in the "not losing my hair" category. But my roommate sheds hair like crazy-- it's like my biggest pet peeve to find hair all over the place. Worse than a dog! Ugh. But at least all of you Brunsons are losing your hair together. :) And I DO want to see a pic of your hair...

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I am glad to see the "it" here was referring to hair. I think that boy has definately lost his newborn baby look, but is still a very cute little guy, with or without hair!

Mary Ann said...

I didn't know hair loss was a post-pregnancy symptom. I really hope I skip that one. So far, so good. Isaac is absolutely adorable--mullet and all! :)

Emily said...

Isaac is so cute! I don't think he's even close to a baby mullet. :) The hair loss drove me crazy.

Austin's Mommy said...

Yeah, he is still cute. I lost a ton of hair post-pregnancy. Still haven't entirely recovered.

MaryAnn said...

He is still super cute! I know people that swear by shaving their baby's hair off. They say that it grows back in thicker and then is even. I never did it with my girls but I did start giving them haircuts very eary - like 3 months.

Kelli said...

Sounds like me family. When Keyton was little, he lost all his hair except that bottom line by his neck, it was just awful looking. But funny. Cassidy lost all of hers but the top so she was like a skunk with one long stripe down the top of her head. And yes, I always lose a bunch of hair after having kids too. It'll happen again after you stop nursing (if you are). :)

Grammyzanne said...

I think Shannon's right, Isaac does seem to have lost his newborn look and become one CUTE baby.

Kim said...

Sandy, he is sooo cute!