Friday, July 29, 2011

A Day in the Life....

I had this brilliant idea for Isaac's nine month update and thought I would document his day in photos. This proved to be a lot more difficult than I anticipated because every time I would try and take a picture of him doing the things he normally does, he would stop and crawl to the camera. So, what I have, and what you get to see, are a bunch of photos of Isaac stopping his activities and heading for the camera! Hope you enjoy this 9 month old baby as much as we do.(And don't worry, I have spared you pictures of all the dirty diapers changed and nursing. But rest assured we do plenty of those things too.)

Isaac begins his day playing with his favorite "toys." He loves to play in the kitchen and dining room. He likes pushing chairs and his high chair around. But he also loves bolting for the garbage can. I chase him away from there probably 5 times a day.


He also loves to pull up on everything. He likes the couches because I put everything I don't want him getting into on the couch. Sometimes it's less effective.

After a little playing it is time for second breakfast. Isaac is kind of like a hobbit. He gets many more meals than the standard three throughout the day. Because really before he played this morning he nursed. Second breakfast usually consists of cereal and fruit. But mostly Isaac is spitting out all baby food these days and would prefer to eat his favorite cheerios. Or anything he can feed himself really.



And then it's back to playing. He discovered one of his favorite "toys:" the diaper bag and it's contents.


And the most favorite "toy" is his changing pad. I'm not sure what he loves so much about it but he hauls that thing all around the living room. And I have to keep it out of his mouth as much as possible. Because, ew! We change dirty diapers on that thing!

Mom's favorite time is this sacred hour. Nap time! I was even brave enough to take a picture and it didn't wake him. Luckily.


After nap Isaac got dressed for the day and headed out the door to do some thrift shopping with mom. Probably not his favorite activity.


And after shopping and lunch the play resumed. Isaac loves stickers of all kinds. He tries to get the labels off everything he can get his hands on.

I didn't brave a picture of the afternoon nap because it is a little more difficult to come by and I didn't want to risk waking him. But after the nap we took a nice long walk.

I am sad to report that during said walk we popped a tire. More like the used stroller from craigslist had pretty bad tires in the first place and they are showing their threads. One of them did not hold up well. Good times. Now I have to decide if I fix this old stroller or get a different one... I miss our afternoon walks.

Then while mom gets dinner ready, Isaac gets more time to play.

And after dad gets home from work and dinner is had by all, lucky Isaac gets to spend time with dad and the computer.

Isaac is learning how to climb the stairs. Luckily he hasn't really discovered them on his own and only gets to climb them as he heads for his bath.

He totally knows where the bathroom is and heads straight there. He loves his baths!



He also loves brushing his teeth. Well, mostly anyway.


And then it is a few stories, a few songs, a prayer, and off to bed.


Isaac is such a busy and fun 9 month old! He keeps us on our toes for sure. And we love him.

4 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE this post!! Great idea and fun pictures/stories! I like that he has a second breakfast and how bright your house is and your diaper bag. :) LOVE the naptime sleeping position too!!

MaryAnn said...

What a busy little boy! Hard to believe he is already 9months old. He is a cutie!

Nicole said...

What a fun entertaining post. May be stealing this idea at some point. :) Btw, Isacc is such a cutie!

Jason&Shannon said...

I do like that idea. YOu are so creative. Nice seeing a day in the life of my nephew! What a busy boy.