Monday, July 18, 2011

Hopeful

I've been somewhat reluctant to put this in writing because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. But, I'm pretty sure I now have a baby who successfully sleeps through the night!

It's been a long time coming, and he's not entirely perfect at it yet, but I am pleased with the progress Isaac has made. Since returning from Oregon Jacob and I have been a little more strict with our sleep training and I have also started to cut out more of Isaac's nursing during the day. I'm not sure what really prompted the change but he dropped the night feeding on his own and has been doing 10 or more hours of sleep at night. Mostly. He still cries a little some nights but usually puts himself back to sleep relatively quickly. He is waking a little earlier in the morning but I'll take 10 consecutive hours over middle of the night wakings any day!

However, he got a cold and has been pretty sickly sad the past couple of days and last night he woke at 11 or so crying and I'm pretty sure was in pain of some sort. I'm not sure if he has an ear ache or what. Jacob and I both tried to settle him in his crib and finally ended up picking him up and giving him some tylenol. He calmed down about 20 minutes later and I was able to put him back in his crib and he slept the rest of the night. Hopefully he is better tonight...and hopefully I don't have another ear infection to deal with.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Awesome! I hope Isaac's new sleeping trend continues. Oh, and cute video of him walking. What a big boy!