Saturday, July 9, 2011

Oregon

Warning: This is going to be the longest post known to man but promises a lot of photos...

We had a very successful trip to Oregon for Jacob's sister Rachel's wedding. I was a little apprehensive about flying for the first time with Isaac but he did really well on the flight out and pretty well on the way back.

While in Oregon we had an enjoyable time doing fun and new things alike.

There was a wedding,of course. Sadly I don't have nearly as many pictures of the bride and groom as I do of Maxwell and Isaac.



Isaac had his first taste of dirt. It wasn't until after we got home that I realized the potential hazard this could have been as it was from a flowerbed on the temple grounds that very well could have had fertilizer in it. Nice one Mom! Oh well. He survived.

The happy couple at the reception.

The extremely tired baby at the reception.

I love this picture of Maxwell reaching for the food. It was delicious...I don't blame him one bit.



Grandpa was Isaac's new best friend.

On Saturday we took a trip to the Oregon Zoo. Jacob had been talking about how great it was and I must admit, it lived up to the hype. Probably the best zoo I've ever been to and definitely better than the Cheyenne Zoo! (ha ha ha)

The boys after a hot afternoon. Chillin' on a curb at the zoo.


Isaac wasn't cold. I was trying to keep the sun off him as much as possible. Turns out I'm kind of paranoid about him getting sunburned even though I put sunscreen on and everything. This poor kid is going to have to put up with a lot from his crazy mom!





Isaac actually spotted the black bears and was loving them! He was making all kinds of noise and following the bears as they walked back and forth. It was pretty cute.

Before hitting the zoo, Sarah, Kevin, Jacob and I took a short walk through the rose gardens while the grandparents stayed with the grandbabies who were asleep in the van.





Isaac also got to experience his first time swimming. Don't be fooled by these pictures, he actually loved it. Jacob forbid me from posting any of the pictures with Isaac and Jacob swimming together. But those are the pictures that show him having a good time... He still liked being with grandma and Aunt Rachel too.


Isaac discovered cats while at Grandma's house. He has been around Lori's cats but this time he really started interacting with the cats. And by that I mean, Isaac would pull Jumanji's tail. Jumanji would run away faster than Isaac could crawl. Isaac would then cry in frustration.

Jacob and I were also able to take advantage of eager (at least I think they were) babysitters and attend the temple together. We hadn't been in a long while and it was nice. Plus, the Oregon Temple really is beautiful. I've never been in a Temple with a two story Celestial Room. It was also nice to be able to celebrate our 2nd anniversary while in Oregon. It was on Sunday, so we went out to dinner together at the Cheesecake Factory on Monday night. Have I ever mentioned how happy I am to be married to Jacob! Well...it's true. Best decision I ever made.

Thanks again to Grandma and Grandpa Brunson for housing us and making our stay so much fun. We look forward to seeing you all again!

1 comment:

Emily said...

FUN!! Love that Isaac saw the bears and tried to interact with them. So glad he was good on your flight. :) What a fun trip!! And happy anniversary. PS why are Jacob and Isaac swimming pictures forbidden?