Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Celebrating 11 months

Yep, I have an 11 month old baby. That is crazy. He often seems more like a little boy to me than a little baby. And that is even stranger.

Isaac decided to celebrate 11 months of life by not napping. He refused his afternoon nap two days in a row. So now I'm contemplating one nap again. Though I know he is teething so I think I need to wait this napping business out a little more. We'll see. He's currently crying in his crib as I type. Though I think I'm going to have to go rescue him shortly. Type faster!

He is still taking steps when coerced but has yet to really get moving on his own. He is totally capable, but I think he just prefers the well known crawling over the little unsteady walking. He will walk if I stand him up in the middle of the room and he wants to get to a wall or a toy, most of the time. Sometimes he still carefully lowers himself and then crawls where he wants to go. He does think it's great fun to walk between Jacob and I, usually.

He continues to sleep through the night. At least most of the time. We have had some rough nights lately with the teething and the weaning, but overall he is sleeping 11 or so hours each night.

He also continues to be the most social and happy baby I've ever encountered. He loves other kids! People still stop me and say how happy a kid he is. And this is one of the things I love most about Isaac. Even on less sleep than normal he is pretty happy and smiley.

Isaac is learning more each day. It's amazing how quickly he picks up new games to play with me or new signs for things. It's also fun to see him mimic talking as he tries to make all the sounds right. Sometimes he is successful, others, not so much. One of my favorite things is when he tries to copy the sound of Jacob or I burping. Let's just say we love it so much that things have gotten way less polite around this house. And they weren't all that polite to begin with!

The other thing I love is his sign for more. He claps quickly twice. But it has now evolved to mean "I want" rather than more. So he will clap twice and then point at whatever he wants. Like he is calling us to do his bidding. It's pretty funny.

I just can't believe my little baby has gone from this:


to this:
So quickly!!

But you better believe I am already preparing and planning for his big 1 year birthday celebration. And I know it's ridiculous because he won't even know the difference. But I do! It's more for me than for him. :)


4 comments:

Emily said...

Priceless post. :) What a fun little boy! It's also really fun to read about you and Jacob as parents. You guys are awesome!

Emily said...

Oh wait! I forgot to say I like your new background and I just noticed you're currently reading "The Complete Guide to Raising Chickens". I'm totally curious about your thoughts!!

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe he's almost a year old! What a cutie! I would love to listen to one of the Brunson family burpfests. :)

Jason&Shannon said...

Wish we were there to celebrate his big first birthday. In fact, maybe I should check if there is some big deal on airfare. That would be fun and unexpected!