Saturday, October 1, 2011

This and That

Isaac had spaghetti the other day. He's had the jarred baby food but this was the first time he got to experience it in all it's glory. And it is pretty adorable. I think it was my sister, MaryAnn who mentioned she loves a messy faced baby. I think I do too. Just look at that cuteness.



So lately Isaac is making this face, only slightly more scrunched up.
He typically makes this face while either laughing, or more commonly, crying. Like a really annoying, whiny cry. It's both really cute and really gets on my nerves all at the same time. I'll try and catch a better picture of it because the crinkling of his face is pretty funny.
An update: Isaac has adapted (knock on wood) to weaning. He only had that one really bad night and then seemed to relax a little. Tonight was magic. He had his bath, drank his milk, read some stories, brushed his teeth, said his prayers and then fell quickly asleep when placed in his crib. No crying at all. Brilliant! Though it comes with a price. His naps are less fantastic and he's waking during the night. It's teething rearing it's ugly head again. Poor baby. He has two coming in at once from what I can tell. I can't imagine how that must hurt.
And finally, a shout out for the most awesome month of October. It's the best thing ever! I love everything about it. And now I get to love it even more because of Isaac's birthday. Bring on the fall fun!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Yup - I love a messy faced baby. So cute! Teething stinks - I really hope Emily gets the rest of her teeth soon. I'm tired of having a cranky girl. I hope Isaac gets his soon too. Happy October! Can't wait to see pictures from his birthday schebang!

Mary Ann said...

Love the messy face. Looks like he loved the spaghetti. Congrats on the weaning. I've seen Isaac's scrunched-up face. He did it while we were there--only when he was happy and cheesing it. Super cute!

Jason&Shannon said...

Cute pics, fun times, good luck.