Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Big Day

I've been waiting for this day.  It's a classic toddler moment, I'm sure.  I'm just surprised it's taken so long for Isaac to get here, what with him being so curious and active and FAST!  I was cleaning up after dinner and I hear a "Sandy, we need your help up here."  So I went upstairs to our bedroom to find Isaac had gotten into my pomade and tried to do his hair.  My response was "I've been waiting for this.  Let's get the camera."  I'm pretty sure busting out the camera and handing him the pomade again was really reinforcing the lesson I'd like.  Or not.


Look how pleased he is explaining that he did his "hair, self!"
 
 

We also really made Isaac's day by taking him to the County Fair.  He got to pet a cow (he actually was really scared at first and wouldn't touch it initially until I told him it was soft), see some sheep, rabbits, pigs and horse, and hear them make their respective sounds.  Baa.  Moo.  Oink.

But best of all, he got to climb onto diggers and tractors.  This kid is obsessed with construction and farm machinery.  His favorite books are the trucks, tractor, and construction books we own.

It really did make his day to "drive" the diggers.  I'm sure we'll be hearing about it for weeks.
 

And how can you not be so happy just watching him when he is so clearly in heaven.
We all enjoyed the fair.
 
 
 

He couldn't stop staring and pointing at the next tractor.  He was running, literally, from one to the other and would barely stop long enough to take a photo.

And just for documentation sake, I'm 23 weeks pregnant in this picture.  Were I to be standing a little more to the side you would notice more my pregnant belly. 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Love the hairdo. And the tractor loving kid. You look good!

Mary Ann said...

That's some slick hair--cute! Hannah got into my lipstick the other day, but luckily I was right there to intervene before it got everywhere. Good times. Isaac sure does look happy on those tractors. And you look good--not huge.

Strupp Family said...

You do look great! I never looked good pregnant. I'm jealous :) I also love the haircut. And I think it's adorable Isaac loved all the tractors/etc. so much. What a CUTE kid!! Hopefully the pomade stays in his hair and not all over carpet and walls :)

Jason&Shannon said...

Love Isaac's hat and that he keeps it on! He reminds me a bit of Jeremiah at that age. After Brinton's death we took Jeremiah to the place on base where they were doing some construction. It was nice to spend time watching our two year old facinated by the big machinery.

Sarah and AJ said...

What a fun age. Too bad it's so exhausting most of the time. :) Maybe it's just my pregnant self saying that.