Monday, July 30, 2012

Helper

Not only is Isaac super independent, he also wants to help me with everything.  His new word is "helpful" and he says it like he's congratulating himself every time I tell him thank you.  He still wants to have his turn doing things that Jacob and I do.

I was measuring and marking places for hanging some valances and after each window I heard "Isaac's turn."  Yes, it was.


And I thought I'd show off my cute husband bringing me flowers for no particular reason.  He told me it was his goal to do that more often this summer.  And it doesn't hurt that we discovered the manager's special section of the floral department so he can do it pretty inexpensively.  

This bunch was especially pretty.  It had this one flower that I've never seen before.  Anyone know what it is?
 

We went to the splash pad again on Friday.  

This time we went with cousins.  I have some cute cousin pictures but I'm not sure how comfortable Sarah is with photos of her kiddos on my blog so I'm not posting those.  They are cute though.  Isaac sure loves his cousin Maxwell.  And he recently learned he can make little Riley laugh.  It was adorable.  She really likes Isaac.  Me...not so much.  She's kind of a mama's girl.

And that's what we've been up to lately.

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Cute. And, nope, I have no idea what that flower is. It is very pretty, though.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

So cute! We really need to make a trip out there so Logan can meet his other cousin. :)

Mary Ann said...

I wish we had a splash pad nearby. It looks like fun. Scott should follow Jacob's example... :)

Jason&Shannon said...

Love a splashing good time. Plus, that is a beautiful bouquet.