Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Little Something Funny

I need to start a sidebar dedicated to the funny things Isaac says.  But, until that happens, here's a little story from lunch time today.

I always ask Isaac what he'd like for lunch, sometimes open ended like that sometimes with options included.  If I leave it open ended he usually says "grapes" which is funny because we don't have them in the house all that often, especially this time of year.  Today I gave him options because he is still sort of restricted to the BRAT diet (yes, we are still not 100% over sickness at this house, ugh!).  He didn't like any of those options and told me he wanted Jack-o-lantern bread.  I couldn't understand him at first and then when I could figure out what he was saying I couldn't figure out what he meant by it.  So I proceeded to make a slice of toast that I was going to put a "jack-o-lantern" peanut butter face on when it dawned on me that what he really wanted was the pumpkin chocolate chip bread Jacob took to work yesterday.

Awesome.  Jack-o-lantern bread.  Where does he come up with these things?

5 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

That is a funny one, but very logical ....

MaryAnn said...

Pretty cute! Did you cook your pumpkins? Maybe he saw you do that and that is where the connection is coming from?

Mary Ann said...

That's awesome! Jack-o-lanterns must have really made an impression on him a few months ago. :)

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

We have to do so much interpretation of each other, us parents and kids. It's so fun to get little peeks into their thought processes.

Janel said...

What a clever child.