Sunday, January 13, 2013

Loving Ben


There is a lot to love about this little boy, and he's only been with us a month and a half!

He is the most mild mannered little babe.  And yet so alert too.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that he is a newborn because he behaves so much like an older baby already.  He eats, stays awake, and then gets a little fussy before falling asleep.  He usually falls asleep pretty quickly once swaddled and given his pacifier.  And especially if he's rocking in his swing.  He also sleeps 5-6 hours at night.  He's been a sleepy little one from the get go.  We initially had to wake him to feed him until the doctors gave us the go ahead to just let him sleep because he was putting on plenty of weight.  I love getting sleep.
 

Ben loves his family.  He definitely responds to his mom and dad's voice and especially to Isaac.  I think they are going to be good friends.  Isaac will show Ben his toys and tell him all about them.  I'm sure he can't wait for Ben to enjoy them too.
 

He loves to suck.  He almost always wants his pacifier and is a good eater.  And I'm much happier with his eating now that we have gone to straight formula feeding.
 
 

He's starting to lose his hair.  I know Isaac did this too but it seems like Isaac's hair lose was much later in the game.  Poor Ben may be a baldy soon.  But he's still adorable to me.

He's a sweet baby and a wonderful addition to our family.  When I was pregnant with Ben I would pray for a baby that would be a calming influence in our home.  And I think he is.  I've been a much more calm mother for this little guy.  I sure love him!
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Super cute little guy. Glad you got what you prayed for, easy going babies make life a lot easier for sure. Aubrey is here looking at pics with me and oohing and ahhing and then said, "I wish there could be a video of Baby Ben Ben!"

MaryAnn said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to someday meet him in person...

Mary Ann said...

Ben is adorable! I'm glad you got a much more easy-going baby this time.

Emily said...

Ahh so cute!!! :) Love the pictures and your header. Hopefully everyone's healthy now.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Such a blessing to be able to feel some joy in the midst of the nonstop parenting. It's wonderful that you wrote down what he was like this early on, because it always flies by and it would be hard to remember these things. Beautiful photos and priceless words from a loving mommy.

D. said...

cute pictures and cute blanket...love the chevron stripe. He's a very cute baby.

Kathy said...

Richard (John's Dad) told me he thought it wasn't that the baby was calmer but the Mama. I think, in part, that is true. I still have crying babies and really calm babies but I do handle and feel different about them. My first was really hard so I think any baby after her was a piece of cake.